My dearest family...

KathiM
KathiM Member Posts: 8,028 Member
edited March 2014 in Colorectal Cancer #1
Well, one of the lessons cancer teaches us is that we need to live each day to it's fullest, because we never know.

My beau's mother passed away last night. She was almost 86, and doing remarkably well. She was a holocaust survivor. And lost a son to an anyurism when he was 15. She was a grand lady, and I will miss her deeply.

We leave 'on a jet plane' tomorrow for Holland, where we will stay setting things right until mid-September.

Internet is dialup, unless we can find something else. So, I will miss you all, but I don't know how much I will be online.

Hugs to all, Kathi

Comments

• Faith4Cure
    Faith4Cure Member Posts: 405 Member
    Kathi- My deepest sympathies are with you and your husband and the rest of your family. Your mother in law was blessed to have you in her family. My prayers are with you in the coming days as you cope with your loss. Take Care

Faith
  • sladich
    sladich Member Posts: 429 Member
    Kathi,

Deepest sympathies to you and your beau's family. Sorry I won't see you in SF. Take care,

Debbie
  • jams67
    jams67 Member Posts: 925 Member
    Kathi,
    Sorry to hear about Hans' mom.
    My thoughts and prayers will be with you.
    Jo Ann
  • kristasplace
    kristasplace Member Posts: 957 Member
    My deepest sympathies, Kathi. My grandmother turns 86 at the end of the month, and this brings to mind how precious every moment is that i have with her. I hope you and your beau are doing okay, and that your grief subsides soon.

Many hugs,
    Krista
  • betina61
    betina61 Member Posts: 642 Member
    Kathi so sorry to hear the news about your husband's mother,my prayer are with all of you.
  • Monicaemilia
    Monicaemilia Member Posts: 455 Member
    Kathi: I'm sorry to hear the sad news. I know that you will find a way to stay in touch, you are such an integral part of this family. Take care. Monica
  • tootsie1
    tootsie1 Member Posts: 5,044 Member
    I'm so sorry about your loss.

*hugs*
    Gail
  • usakat
    usakat Member Posts: 610 Member
    Hello Kathi,

I know by now you have already left for Holland, but please know that you and Hans are always on my thoughts and in my prayers, but especially now as you both work through the loss of Hans' mother.

You're right, cancer does teach us to LIVE each day fully and with gratitude.

Hugs,
    Katie
  • hopefulone
    hopefulone Member Posts: 1,043 Member
    Kathi, my sincere sympathies to your beau and you. Hugs
    God Bless
    Diane
  • Russell05
    Russell05 Member Posts: 60
    My thoughts and prayers are with you. Remember we are always here for you.
    Russell
  • This comment has been removed by the Moderator
  • Limey
    Limey Member Posts: 446 Member
    Kathi, my Condolences to you and Hanz on your loss. I hope you find healing once the dust settles.
    Mark.
  • mamasangel68
    mamasangel68 Member Posts: 5
    Limey said:

Kathi, my Condolences to you and Hanz on your loss. I hope you find healing once the dust settles.
    Mark.

im so sorry about your beaus mother. my prayers are with you
  • Limey
    Limey Member Posts: 446 Member
    Hi Kathi
    I am sorry to hear of you loss. Peace to you you and your beau. I hope all works out well in Holland. and... don't forget to bring home all your goood memories of mom. those last a lifetime.
    Mark