Lung Surgery Update

Monicaemilia
Monicaemilia Member Posts: 455 Member
edited March 2014 in Colorectal Cancer #1
Hi guys: Well, the bone scan results showed one solitary lesion on the top of the left iliac bone, and a questionable one on my 4th vertebrae. After an hour long debate with my thoracic surgeon, he has agreed to do surgery on my lung mets on August 14th. He kept telling me that he did not see how his surgery would help me, but he did in the end agree. I don't know if I am doing the right thing, but all I do know is that if there is the slightest possibility of slowing this down, I need to take it. Thank you all so much for your support. Monica

Comments

• PGLGreg
    PGLGreg Member Posts: 731
    I'm glad you talked your surgeon into going after those lung mets, because your strategy makes sense to me. Even if it's unlikely that the surgery alone will produce a cure, maybe it will slow it down enough so some other therapy becomes feasible, or even successful.
    -Greg
  • sladich
    sladich Member Posts: 429 Member
    I agree too. You need to do what you can. Best of luck with your surgery and keep us posted.

Debbie
  • betina61
    betina61 Member Posts: 642 Member
    I agree with you in your desicion,I think that you need to take those lung mets out, and the other lesions in the bones chemo will take care of them,that is what I have heard about bone mets,I will continue praying for you,you need to continue this fight for you and your family. God bless you.
  • jsabol
    jsabol Member Posts: 1,145 Member
    You thinking sounds good to me, and your surgeon must agree or he wouldn't be able to go ahead.
    One step at a time; this beast has met a pretty formidable foe! Best of luck with the surgery. Judy
  • tootsie1
    tootsie1 Member Posts: 5,044 Member
    Way to stand up for your health! A fighter like you is BOUND to have good results!

Gail
  • DK2006
    DK2006 Member Posts: 126
    Monica,
    You are an inspiration! Keep fighting.
    You are young and can fight this beast.
    Best wishes,
    Donna
  • ron50
    ron50 Member Posts: 1,723 Member
    (((((((Monica)))))) sending you everything I have,good luck mate.Ron.
  • usakat
    usakat Member Posts: 610 Member
    Hi Monica,

Wow, you truly amaze me...you are fearless and an inspiration. I think you KNOW what is best for you and will always go the right way. Many prayers to you, Monica....I'm hoping for the absolute best for you.

Hugs,
    Katie
  • taraHK
    taraHK Member Posts: 1,952 Member
    Hi Monica,
    We all face difficult decisions. For what it is worth, I think you are making the right one. But, even more than that, it is great that you were able to gather all the information available, have a long discussion with your surgeon, and be involved in making your own decision.
    As you know, I'm recovering from lung surgery myself -- it is one month since the surgery. I am feeling GOOOoood. Still a little achy but I'm walking every day and feeling good. So, let me send some of that your way, with every best wish for successful surgery on Aug 14 and a rapid recovery.
    Tara