How many on Erbitux?

apache4
apache4 Member Posts: 272 Member
edited March 2014 in Colorectal Cancer #1
Just curious...it seems that not too many mention being on Erbitux. I read these posts and also lots of stuff on CRC Connections and I am just wondering how many have been on it or are currently on it. I am on it weekly in combo with Irinotecan and Avastin. Let me know...I am not necessarialy looking for outcomes, just how often it is being used. I seem to be doing well with it now.

Comments

• hopefulone
    hopefulone Member Posts: 1,043 Member
    Glad to hear that you are doing well with it. No experience yet with Erbitux, but I'm sure someone will share. Keep the faith and God Bless.
    Diane
  • Monicaemilia
    Monicaemilia Member Posts: 455 Member
    I was on Irinotecan and Erbitux for a year. Monica
  • yag41chi
    yag41chi Member Posts: 4
    Hello,
    I was on Erbitux but now the doctor has switched me to Avastin every 2weeks. I broke out in bad acne with Erbitux.Its going away.
  • Madre
    Madre Member Posts: 123
    I was on erbitux for 2 treatments and the acne rash was so painful I stopped it. I am on the folfox mix now. The rash is 90% gone but left some scaring on my neck and chest. Good luck to you.
  • dash4
    dash4 Member Posts: 303 Member
    Hope you are still reading your replies...I have not been on for a while....my husband has been on erbitux and irinotecan since 10/05....it is just beginning to show signs of not being effective, but have not stoppped it yet. The rash is a good sign that the erbitux is working. John had the rash worse than they had ever seen - veryyyyyyy long story and many attempts, but finally found a way to control the rash and continue his treatments....he takes soriatane(psoriasis med) and keflex (antibiotic) and has been great wtih controlling the rash. I will gladly share our story and any questions for you that I can. Keeping you in my thoughts and prayers.
    Mary Kay
  • apache4
    apache4 Member Posts: 272 Member
    dash4 said:

Hope you are still reading your replies...I have not been on for a while....my husband has been on erbitux and irinotecan since 10/05....it is just beginning to show signs of not being effective, but have not stoppped it yet. The rash is a good sign that the erbitux is working. John had the rash worse than they had ever seen - veryyyyyyy long story and many attempts, but finally found a way to control the rash and continue his treatments....he takes soriatane(psoriasis med) and keflex (antibiotic) and has been great wtih controlling the rash. I will gladly share our story and any questions for you that I can. Keeping you in my thoughts and prayers.
    Mary Kay

I was glad to hear your hubby has been on this mixture for so long. I have gotten the rash under control and my face is almost normal. At first, it was so bad I just wanted to go hide and stop the treatment. With antibiotic and me doing all those things you are not supposed to (squeezing pus out of each and every one of the suckers) it is much better. I know that the Erbitux is working from a recent scan and those new pustules that pop up every day. Thanks for your answer. I hope you read this.
  • dash4
    dash4 Member Posts: 303 Member
    apache4 said:

I was glad to hear your hubby has been on this mixture for so long. I have gotten the rash under control and my face is almost normal. At first, it was so bad I just wanted to go hide and stop the treatment. With antibiotic and me doing all those things you are not supposed to (squeezing pus out of each and every one of the suckers) it is much better. I know that the Erbitux is working from a recent scan and those new pustules that pop up every day. Thanks for your answer. I hope you read this.

I wanted you to know that I did read your respnse and I am so glad I could give you some hope. I wish you all the best. Our oncologist told us that one individual he knows has been on it for 4 years - he was in the original clinical trial for it.If you have any questions at all - please let me know. I would be so happy to help anyone along the journey to learn from all the "lessons" we have learned. I am so glad to hear it is working for you....keeping you in my prayers.
    Mary Kay
  • nereidsbeware
    nereidsbeware Member Posts: 7
    my dad was on erbitux for a few months, along with folfiri-cetuximab. after another CT scan and going to talk to the oncologist about it, she said that it was not necessarily effective for him and recommended avastin for the next round.

like others, my dad broke out with bad acne (which was strange for him as a 53 year old, hehe).

i hope for the best for you. =)