New to the site - 6-2008

angelbb11
angelbb11 Member Posts: 6
edited March 2014 in Breast Cancer #1
Greetings! I am a survivor (almost 3 yrs)I have posted replies to some chat boards last night. I need some bonding, I am feeling isolated even though I have a great life...I wake up every day and that's great! I am frustrated because I have gained a ton of weight and I am experiencing gurd! How fun is this!! Ha Ha Ha!
I need to connect with others on this site so that I can get it out, I need to cry, laugh and help make someone else feel stronger.

Comments

• Welcome, angel.
    You have come to the right place.
    I am a 22 year survivor, several years NED (no evidence of disease), but I come here regularly for the same reasons you stated.
    Lots of wonderful people here and I am sure you will feel at home right away.
  • cabbott
    cabbott Member Posts: 1,039 Member
    Hi! This is a great place for what you are looking for. Folks are very supportive and knowledgeable when you have questions. I wish the chat room was open for "live" chats, but it has been down for awhile. Weight is hard to lose. I know exercise won't do it because I exercise daily and never lose a pound! The only thing that works for me is strict portion control and that is hard for me to keep up. I lost 15+ pounds a few years ago and unfortunately have gain about 8 of those pounds right back. I guess I need to get cracking again. Maybe after lunch!
  • mmontero38
    mmontero38 Member Posts: 1,510
    Welcome Angel, you've come to the right place. You will find an extraordinary group of women here on this board. We all need to vent, cry, laugh and nurture also. I am a 1 yr survivor and have experienced a lot of weight gain, and now I also have a thyroid problem due to abrupt menopause and chemo so yes, I sympathize with you about your weight gain. I promised myself that as soon as I come home from vacation I am joining weight watchers. Hopefully, by controlling portions, I may be able to loose some weight. Anyway, welcome and keep posting. Hugs, Lili
  • chenheart
    chenheart Member Posts: 5,159
    As the Sisters in here said, this is the place to be! We are so in tune with one another, and truly understand ALL of the emotional as well as physical ups and downs of Cancer. Wish we didn't, but we do!!
    I joined Curves one month ago and have already lost 5 1/2 inches~ my weight gain post treatment has been a struggle. And for a vain woman, which I admittedly am, it's been a nightmare! I am now cutting portion sizes, and following a semi-South Beach kind of eating plan.

Welcome to the asylum~ hope to see you often!

Hugs,
    Claudia
  • chenheart said:

As the Sisters in here said, this is the place to be! We are so in tune with one another, and truly understand ALL of the emotional as well as physical ups and downs of Cancer. Wish we didn't, but we do!!
    I joined Curves one month ago and have already lost 5 1/2 inches~ my weight gain post treatment has been a struggle. And for a vain woman, which I admittedly am, it's been a nightmare! I am now cutting portion sizes, and following a semi-South Beach kind of eating plan.

Welcome to the asylum~ hope to see you often!

Hugs,
    Claudia

Welcome Angel, The wonderful ladies here are so right. This site is a God send for support and kinship. I can relate to your feelings for I often feel the same and I am 2 yrs out. Everyone here is so kind and caring, and only we truley know what this journey is like. I am so glad you are here with us. Visit often my friend! Eileen