blood clots

robin226
robin226 Member Posts: 4
edited March 2014 in Lung Cancer #1
I was diagnosed 5 months after my cancer surgery with a blood clot in my lung and put on blood thinnners. Now one year later they have found two moe blood clots. What is the best medicine for this as far as blood thinners and how common is this. Are there any other side effects that go on with the body in connection to blood clots or being on blood thinnners?

Comments

• ToadyFrog25
    ToadyFrog25 Member Posts: 2
    I had a blood clot after I had lung cancer surgery but it wasn't in the lung. It was from the central line they put in my chest for IV's and blood drawing. I was put on blood thinners for several months to a year after. The blood thinners made me feel sluggish and a little tired I guess. Everything that bumped me left big blood spots on the skin or bruises. Don't know if this is of any help since it's not exactly the same thing. Good luck and take care.
  • handle
    handle Member Posts: 31 Member
    Hi, one question I would ask my doctor and that is , do I have Lupus. My younger brother developed blood clots after knee surgery and he was diagnosed with lupus, (three different types) , and the type he had develops clots on the lungs and is treated with blood thinners. I hope this helps . Mike