having some problems

mamasangel68
mamasangel68 Member Posts: 5
edited March 2014 in Colorectal Cancer #1
I HAVE BEEN CANCER FREE SINCE 2002.NOW IVE BEEN HAVING LOTS OF PROBLEMS WITH EXTREMELY LARGE POLYPS THAT ARE PRECANCEROUS ABOUT READY TO TURN CANCEROUS.MY DOCTOR HAS ME GETTING COLONOSCOPYS EVERY THREE MONTHS.IN ADDITION I HAVE BEEN HAVING TROUBLE WITH DIVERTICULITIS AND HAVE BEEN HOSPITALIZED NUMEROUS TIMES FOR IT.DOES ANYONE HAVE ANY ADVICE. I AM SCARED THAT THIS MEANS THE CANCER MAY BE TRYING TO COME BACK. ANY THOUGHTS?

Comments

• Monicaemilia
    Monicaemilia Member Posts: 455 Member
    I have FAP (Familial Adenomatous Polyposis) which means that my entire large intestine gets riddled with over 100 polyps. The chance of getting cancer is 100% as it is impossible to keep up with the polyps. This is something I have to watch my son for, and the only solution I am told, is to have his whole large intestine surgically removed (if it comes to that). I guess my suggestion would be to ask if this is a possibility for you. I know it is extreme, but something to check into. Good luck. Monica
  • TY2HC
    TY2HC Member Posts: 46
    You may want to look into taking probiotics. I would ask your doctor before taking them. Basically, they are the good bacteria in your colon. I myself have taken something called floragen 3 and have been eating probiotic yogurt. There is some research that indicates they could help with things like diverticulitis as well as cancer. I was told by my oncologist that there is no way that he knew of to prevent polyps from growing. I have other information that I got from a nutritionist on dietary changes that are thought to help with cancer prevention. I have it posted on my website here http://www.tooyoungtohavecancer.googlepages.com/lifechanges. I also have additional resources posted there.

I wish you well,
    Chris