surgery

toothlessvenus
toothlessvenus Member Posts: 8
edited March 2014 in Lung Cancer #1
Hi, sorry have been away for so long. Have had two lots of surgery and was told by consultant that the surgery removed all signs of the cancer. He removed two lobes of the right lung. Surgery was a lot more painful than I expected but I'm Back and planning to go back to work in 12 weeks. Don't need CHEMO or SURGERY so consider myself fortunate to be here and able to tell you all about it. My best wishes to all fighting this horrible disease. God bless you all

Comments

• trft
    trft Member Posts: 48
    Wow, they took one of my lobes, upper right. Bet that diaphram really shifts up when they take two. Still, it's great to be operable! And no chemo or rads... I'm impressed. Hope you got pain meds!
  • trft
    trft Member Posts: 48
    Wow, they took one of my lobes, upper right. Bet that diaphram really shifts up when they take two. Still, it's great to be operable! And no chemo or rads... I'm impressed. Hope you got pain meds!
  • toothlessvenus
    toothlessvenus Member Posts: 8
    trft said:

got lots of pain meds and was put in touch with a pain management team who tailored the medication to suit me Good luck to you and thank you
  • cabbott
    cabbott Member Posts: 1,039 Member

got lots of pain meds and was put in touch with a pain management team who tailored the medication to suit me Good luck to you and thank you

That sounds great! I'm glad you are doing so well. I had just the middle right lobe out over a year ago. I had to miss about a month of work, but then I was sort of back on my feet. The nurse at work was worried for me, but I was too excited to be back to stay home longer. Don't lift anything though and do take naps. I slept over my lunch hour and break time for at least two weeks after I went back and it helped a lot.
  • AuthorUnknown
    AuthorUnknown Member Posts: 1,537 Member
    please take a look at this:

http://www.tinyurl.com/3dqbxg

thanks!
  • Greggriggs
    Greggriggs Member Posts: 132
    That is great!!! They removed my left lung complete in may of 2006 . it has been two years an I still am not all good. But they told me to do preventive Chemo . Glad you did not have to do that wish I would not have. The surgery was bad but the chemo was worse.
    hope every thing goes good an you recover faster than heck.
    Greg