A little good news

funnyguy
funnyguy Member Posts: 89
edited March 2014 in Colorectal Cancer #1
So a few weeks ago I had posted a question about Pet Scan results because I had an area "light" up during a follow up scan.

This was after a colonoscopy that showed nothing.

So, just to be sure I went for an ultrasound with the potential for a biopsy if something abnormal appeared.

Well.....no biopsy...because the ultrasound looked great! The radiologist was able to confirm that the lit up area is likely due to pre-surgery radiation therapy and scar tissue still going through the healing process (after a year)....

so time to breathe a sigh of relief...

cheers,

Comments

• pamness
    pamness Member Posts: 524 Member
    Sounds like a lot of good news. Hope you are having a great day.
    Pam
  • tootsie1
    tootsie1 Member Posts: 5,044 Member
    Doesn't that just make you feel great? I'm so happy for you.

Gail
  • renee2u
    renee2u Member Posts: 27
    Wow... Funny Guy... good for you! That is great!

http://www.mycrcconnections.com/
  • shmurciakova
    shmurciakova Member Posts: 906 Member
    Great news Buddah! Now get out there and be grateful, lol.
    I hope it is OK for me to give you a hard time..hee hee
    Take care,
    Susan H.
  • funnyguy
    funnyguy Member Posts: 89

Great news Buddah! Now get out there and be grateful, lol.
    I hope it is OK for me to give you a hard time..hee hee
    Take care,
    Susan H.

You are all right...it was great news and I went out with some friends tonight to celebrate!
  • CherylHutch
    CherylHutch Member Posts: 1,375
    That's wonderful news!! I'd go out and celebrate more than once over that kind of news :)

Since you mentioned that the radiologist figures the lit up area on your scan was due to radiation therapy and the scar tissue still going through the healing process, I am going to bring this up to my doctor tomorrow to see if that might be a possibility with me too. My adrenal gland (over the kidney) lit up on a PET scan. Now, I know I have a growth/tumour on the adrenal gland but I have had it for over 7 years so it has been benign all these years. But I did have radiation that they zapped from the top, the side and the back... so :::keeping fingers crossed::: maybe the radiation hit this area and that's what is causing the light up.

Cheryl
  • valley
    valley Member Posts: 94
    Great News funnyguy, my husband is still healing and its been 2 years all is o.k. This is such good news have a great day!
  • hopefulone
    hopefulone Member Posts: 1,043 Member
    Sounds like great news to me! Congratulations and celebrate. God Bless & Keep the faith.
    Diane