Cherish this Day

newboobs
newboobs Member Posts: 121
edited March 2014 in Breast Cancer #1
Our trees are beginning to bloom here in the South. A few days ago I saw a bluebird sitting on my deck rail, singing to his heart's content. I just stood there with tears flowing, thankful that I get the privilege to see another spring.

What is everyone doing to enjoy each day this springtime?

Comments

• mmontero38
    mmontero38 Member Posts: 1,510
    Hi New:
    We aren't blooming yet, but I still get up everyday and thank the good Lord that he gave me another day to enjoy and to be surrounded by those I love. Funny, how our perspective changes when we are stricken with this beast. Love you, Lili
  • ladybluepgh
    ladybluepgh Member Posts: 76
    Today I woke to the beautiful sun of a new day and I realized that tomorrow would have been my husbands 61st birthday...he was struck down 13 years ago by lung cancer...so as I celebrate his birthday, I also celebrate that after 2 bouts of breast cancer I am still here to celebrate spring with my family...Thank God for all his blessings..happy spring everyone!!!
  • Skybuf
    Skybuf Member Posts: 143
    In Ontario we have much snow and overcast days lately..but today the sun shone....clummy days don't affect me. I know the sun is shinning above those clouds and each new day is truly a blessing..so live, love and laugh....and God bless
  • bev49
    bev49 Member Posts: 42
    I'm in Ohio, and more snow is coming tomorrow, and I know all the robins are thinking...did we come back here to soon? HAHA The trees are full of big, red buds just waiting to burst into leaves. Two evenings ago, I watched 6 deer cross the steet in front of my house, and as I ran back to the kitchen to watch them head toward the field, the sun was setting, and I was greatful that I got to see them chase after each other like kids racing to get home first! Life is wonderful..so yes, laugh, enjoy the gifts that mother nature sends to us every day, and cherish the moment.
    Blessings from above,
    bev49
  • jackiemanz
    jackiemanz Member Posts: 85
    Being here in south Georgia seeing the azaela's and all the tree blooming makes me grateful to still be here. I've been getting my hands dirty and getting my husband to take the boat out so I can feel the sun on my face and the wind in my hair. It feels so good.

Jackie
  • chenheart
    chenheart Member Posts: 5,159
    Karen~

Thanks for the reminder! Not being a Pollyanna, sometimes I forget to stop and smell the roses! LOL Not that I don't enjoy nature, and the ocean and my garden ( we planted our veggies a few weeks ago!) and my love-life, and all of you, etc etc etc...but I admit that sometimes I don't reflect on how awesome it all truly is! Though I have an idea I will be thinking about it on SAturday....it is my 5 YEAR surgery anniversary! And that totally blows me away!

Hugs,
    Claudia
  • Jadie
    Jadie Member Posts: 723
    chenheart said:

Karen~

Thanks for the reminder! Not being a Pollyanna, sometimes I forget to stop and smell the roses! LOL Not that I don't enjoy nature, and the ocean and my garden ( we planted our veggies a few weeks ago!) and my love-life, and all of you, etc etc etc...but I admit that sometimes I don't reflect on how awesome it all truly is! Though I have an idea I will be thinking about it on SAturday....it is my 5 YEAR surgery anniversary! And that totally blows me away!

Hugs,
    Claudia

Happy anniversary Chen. I am right behind you(5 yrs in September). That is my favorite saying "don't forget to stop and smell the roses". Thats what I tell people when I see them getting caught up in the hustle of this old world. I am such a nature lover and believe that the best things in life are free.

New the daffodills are in full bloom here. My favorite flower. I've been outside watching my puppies play. The wind was turning my hair upside down and it felt great. Sometimes I even think that life is still good.
  • newboobs
    newboobs Member Posts: 121
    Jadie said:

Happy anniversary Chen. I am right behind you(5 yrs in September). That is my favorite saying "don't forget to stop and smell the roses". Thats what I tell people when I see them getting caught up in the hustle of this old world. I am such a nature lover and believe that the best things in life are free.

New the daffodills are in full bloom here. My favorite flower. I've been outside watching my puppies play. The wind was turning my hair upside down and it felt great. Sometimes I even think that life is still good.

Every response has brought such HUGE smiles to my face. Enjoy this spring ladies! HUGS