Hooray for NED!!!

KierstenRx
KierstenRx Member Posts: 249
edited March 2014 in Colorectal Cancer #1
Hi all,
Had my CT and checkup done today. Everything is great!!! CT normal, bloodwork normal, CEA negative, and after many years I am finally no longer anemic!!! Not so sure I will do the naked dance (damp and rainy here today). May have to do the dance in my thick socks and sweats. Thank you all for your prayers and thoughts. I do the same for all of you every day.

Kiersten

Comments

• apache4
    apache4 Member Posts: 272 Member
    I am so happy for you. What great news and it brings so much hope to others. Thanks for sharing.
  • KathiM
    KathiM Member Posts: 8,028 Member
    Aw, come on, Kiersten...where is your spirit of adventure????

Ok, low 70's and sunny here in So Cal....

YEA YEA YEA YEA YEA YEA YEA!!!

NAKED HAPPY DANCE!!!

Hugs, Kathi
  • Starleen
    Starleen Member Posts: 40 Member
    Yay! Yayaleckahileckhineyho! You've sent me some supportive notes, Kiersten, and I am so happy for you!

I just got my first post-treatment CT results, and I'm NED, too! I'm a year out from diagnosis, so I have four more years of "what if" every time I have a scan, but I feel like a clean CT scan after a month and a half of no treatment means nothing is all that aggressive. That may be naive, but it sounds good to me right now!!

Congrats, baby, you done good! If you were in Texas right now I'd buy you a giant margarita.
  • tootsie1
    tootsie1 Member Posts: 5,044 Member
    Excellent news! I'm sure you're feeling great about all this. Woohoo!
  • kmygil
    kmygil Member Posts: 876 Member
    Congratulations Kiersten!!!!! You go ahead & dance no matter how! I am so happy for you. Through your own troubles you have taken time to help so many others. You are my hero!!! Hugs,
    Kirsten
  • nudgie
    nudgie Member Posts: 1,478 Member
    CONGRATS on dancing with NED. SHOULD ALWAYS DO THE NAKED HAPPY DANCE no matter the location or weather.

Dancing in the rain naked is very refreshing :)
  • pink05
    pink05 Member Posts: 550
    Great news!!! Go out and celebrate.

-Lee-
  • hopefulone
    hopefulone Member Posts: 1,043 Member
    AWESOME! I'm so happy for you!

God Bless
    Diane
  • Faith4Cure
    Faith4Cure Member Posts: 405 Member
    Great news Kiersten! Do that dance!!! I am so happy for you. Enjoy the weekend!

FAith