Chemo and Heart Attacks.

mgm42
mgm42 Member Posts: 491 Member
edited March 2014 in Breast Cancer #1
This week I started experiencing some tightness in my chest along with shortness of breath. My chemo book said that these may be side effects of the treatment. So, I thought maybe it was the taxotere or maybe the neulasta. But, when taking my blood pressure this morning, I noticed that my pulse rate was extremely high for me. Normally I run about 65 and this morning, just after taking my shower, it was 97, and again, I had the overwhelming urge to just collapse on my bed. My heart rate has since returned to normal and I see my primary care physician tomorrow morning. But I"m wondering if any of you had similar episodes. Marilynn

Comments

• seof
    seof Member Posts: 819 Member
    I have not had such an experience. I definitely think you should go to your Dr. asap, even if it just to find out all is well. I find the nurses in the Chemo lab I go to are great sources of information, and they are more accessible than the Oncologist. You might call your nurses too.

Be well, seof.
  • cruf
    cruf Member Posts: 908
    Whatever the cause of the chest discomfort and changes in pulse, if it's not normal for you, by all means, get it checked out! Why wait till tomorrow. If it is something, nip in in the bud! Please let us know how you make out! HUGS!! Cathy
  • Skybuf
    Skybuf Member Posts: 143
    Hi mgm....for sure get checked, I'm thinking that your pulse was up due to showering, any exercion and mine goes up, but that's not necessarily a bad thing in itself, if you have 'chest pain' and it's bothering you go to ER...I collapse on my bed even now with exhaustion, sure takes a lot out of us eh!
    Hope your feeling better and get the attention you need...love and hugs
  • Definetely see the doctor. We know our bodies best and know when something is awry. That being said, I do have twinges and aches in the heart area, and since I know that Herceptin can cause heart damage, I worry. Of course, I always worry, so this is not out of the ordinary for me and I am not seeing doc. I do not, however, have shortness of breath.
    Maybe follow that urge to collapse on the bed...honey, could you bring me some orange juice? It is a good time to listen to what your body tells you is needed.
    Sending love your way, Joyce
  • mgm42
    mgm42 Member Posts: 491 Member
    unknown said:

Definetely see the doctor. We know our bodies best and know when something is awry. That being said, I do have twinges and aches in the heart area, and since I know that Herceptin can cause heart damage, I worry. Of course, I always worry, so this is not out of the ordinary for me and I am not seeing doc. I do not, however, have shortness of breath.
    Maybe follow that urge to collapse on the bed...honey, could you bring me some orange juice? It is a good time to listen to what your body tells you is needed.
    Sending love your way, Joyce

NO heart attack! Yippee! But, what I did have was an abnormal EKG. It's strange because I an EKG in December before my lumpectomy and another late in December in the ER. Both were normal. So, I'm going for a nuclear stress test. This may show something more i.e. a blockage, etc. We'll see. But in any case, I'm of a mind set that says - Let me have your best shot because I'm going to beat whatever this is, too. AMen.

Marilynn