liver problems?

Unknown
edited March 2014 in Breast Cancer #1
My values for the blood tests for liver damage are up. Anybody else go through this? I am currently one round away from finishing my taxol. I have no symptoms, just wondering if elevated liver counts (aminotransferase) happened to anyone else and how serious it became. Thanks for any responses.
Otherwise, I am doing great! Love, Joyce

Comments

• Actually, I just read that Taxol can cause this to happen and that it goes away after chemo is done. So I think I answered my own question. False alarm! Thanks anyway! Love, Joyce
  • phoenixrising
    phoenixrising Member Posts: 1,508
    Hi Joyce, glad you're doing well. Some of my liver enzymes were elevated during chemo, mostly GGT and ALK, but AST was also up a couple of times. They have since readjusted themselves back to normal. I did have twinges in my liver during chemo, but seem to be fine now. Hope this helps.
    jan
  • Hi Joyce, glad you're doing well. Some of my liver enzymes were elevated during chemo, mostly GGT and ALK, but AST was also up a couple of times. They have since readjusted themselves back to normal. I did have twinges in my liver during chemo, but seem to be fine now. Hope this helps.
    jan

Thanks, Jan. At first I worried about these liver values(no need to mention all the scary things my mind thought up!) and when I read it was a "normal" side effect on Chemo Care (great web site) I was so relieved. And I felt better all over. Like maybe the whole world was going to settle down and stop sending me only bad news. I guess that relief spread its way from my toes to the tips of my hair because I just looked in the mirror and there is an army of little tiny, next to invisible, hair soldiers, all over my head! Scuze me, while I kiss the sky! so happy.
    thanks for all your help so far! love, Joyce (California blonde)
  • survivor51
    survivor51 Member Posts: 276
    The same thing happened to me and from what I gather, this is normal. They did take a biopsy of the liver which was nothing at all and it came back negative. Simple procedure but it does scare you with the What if.... Thinking of you, Angela
  • The same thing happened to me and from what I gather, this is normal. They did take a biopsy of the liver which was nothing at all and it came back negative. Simple procedure but it does scare you with the What if.... Thinking of you, Angela

Thanks, Angela. Hooboy, if they had told me I need to have my liver biopsied before talking to my friends here, I would have freaked big time!
    Sending good thoughts right back at you...love, Joyce