Tarceva help

karacahm
karacahm Member Posts: 5
edited March 2014 in Lung Cancer #1
My father was diagnosed in Jan 2007 with NSCLC 3b. Now, new lesions appeared in liver and he will start chemo again. We live in Turkey and I want to find tarceva, but here it is not available. Can anybody help or inform me about how I can obtain it? I will really appreciate if anybody can help me.

Comments

• MadelynJoe
    MadelynJoe Member Posts: 96
    Please try to get your Dad to the US right away! Hopefully we can get him into some intensive chemo or other treatments right away. Love to you and your family!!! Maddie
  • MadelynJoe
    MadelynJoe Member Posts: 96
    Dear Kara:

Another thought. Go online and find out who makes Tarceva. E-mail them and ask how it can be obtained in Turkey. Alternatively, some US pharmaceutical companies will supply the drug if you cannot afford it or obtain it any other way.

If this does not work, there are online mail order pharmacies that I believe will ship anywhere.

Best regards,

Maddie
  • karacahm
    karacahm Member Posts: 5

Please try to get your Dad to the US right away! Hopefully we can get him into some intensive chemo or other treatments right away. Love to you and your family!!! Maddie

Hello Maddie, thank you for your answer. Are there any other chemo options in US? Last year, he took taxo+carboplatin and now he is getting gemzar+carboplatin?