Good news!

catherine58
catherine58 Member Posts: 92
edited March 2014 in Colorectal Cancer #1
I had a CT scan today and the radiologist said that, although he still has to look at everything in detail, he could see "nothing untoward" in my liver or lungs. Hurray! I'd dance the naked happy dance except my children would find it gross! I also had a colonoscopy three weeks ago and that was clear too. I hope this gives hope to newbies. I was diagnosed in February last year and had a football sized tumour removed along with half my colon. Three lymph nodes were affected, and I went on to have nine rounds of Folfox. A year on, and I'm feeling better than I have for years, have taken up running (gently!) and in some ways like my body better now than I did pre-surgery (my stomach is certainly flatter!). Tomorrow I'm going to book us all a summer holiday ... Thank you to everyone on this board for seeing me through the dark days of diagnosis and chemotherapy. I never dreamt one could get such support from a website.

Catherine

Comments

• KathiM
    KathiM Member Posts: 8,028 Member
    YEA YEA YEA YEA YEA YEA YEA!!!

NAKED HAPPY DANCE!!!

Congrats on the GREAT news!!!!

Hugs, Kathi
  • sladich
    sladich Member Posts: 429 Member
    Wonderful news, Catherine. I love to hear stories like your's. Keep up the positve attitude.

Debbie
  • tootsie1
    tootsie1 Member Posts: 5,044 Member
    That's excellent! Dance naked after the kids are in bed!
  • nudgie
    nudgie Member Posts: 1,478 Member
    CONGRATS :):)

Keep dancing with NED
  • betina61
    betina61 Member Posts: 642 Member
    Congratulations on so wonderful news,go for that dance!!!
  • KierstenRx
    KierstenRx Member Posts: 249
    Catherine,
    So happy to hear of your great scan results!! Go celebrate!!!

Kiersten
  • hopefulone
    hopefulone Member Posts: 1,043 Member
    AWESOME! GOD BLESS
    DIANE