Scams?

Unknown
edited March 2014 in Breast Cancer #1
Wow, talk about cancer! Am I wrong, or every once in a while do people come on this site to sell or promote things that have no business on a place of safety such as this should be. I didn't check out the link from Juan, maybe I am overreacting. If there is something amiss from time to time, does CSN Dana step in? I don't want to make a big deal out of anything. But I sure do find myself protective of this discussion board and any sisters who may stop by. Just wanted to get that off my chest. Best wishes to everyone for a nice weekend.
Joyce

Comments

• survivor51
    survivor51 Member Posts: 276
    Hey Joyce,
    I don't know about the "Juan" thing. I did see someone selling pink bows or something but I notice CSN cut it off. I agree that this should be a safe haven for us and I have found CSN pretty quick to monitor the site. I do feel safe here and careful not to give personal info. This has been like an incredible blanket of warmth from the "sisterhood" and yes several of the men are such a comfort as well. I do appreciate you posting this because I had wondered the same thing before. Take care and enjoy the weekend. Angela
  • mgm42
    mgm42 Member Posts: 491 Member
    I don't know about the "Juan" thing, but the pink ribbon party thing bothered me. This is no place for marketing or promoting sales pitches. If a sister has used something and thinks its worth a mention for someone else, that's one thing. But these marketers digust me. This is a safe haven and should remain so. Marilynn
  • KathiM
    KathiM Member Posts: 8,028 Member
    Usually, Joyce, if I see a huckster posting, I drop a quick line to the CSN admin (Dana or Jose). Especially over a weekend, I will do this just to let them know. Sadly, there will be people that get thru, either by lying or just modifing their true reason on the boards....even people that mean well...like graduate studies and such...CSN does NOT support this, and will privately contact this person to cease and desist. We all need to be vigilant...sigh...but, yes, CSN techies will take care of it. Don't respond to these posts when you see them, just 'Contact ACS' at the button above....

Hugs, Kathi
  • babs49242
    babs49242 Member Posts: 193

Hey Joyce,
    I don't know about the "Juan" thing. I did see someone selling pink bows or something but I notice CSN cut it off. I agree that this should be a safe haven for us and I have found CSN pretty quick to monitor the site. I do feel safe here and careful not to give personal info. This has been like an incredible blanket of warmth from the "sisterhood" and yes several of the men are such a comfort as well. I do appreciate you posting this because I had wondered the same thing before. Take care and enjoy the weekend. Angela

funny that the 'pink bows' is mentioned..it is also on another site called NBCF. I thought it looked familiar when I saw the post.
    People!
  • KathiM said:

Usually, Joyce, if I see a huckster posting, I drop a quick line to the CSN admin (Dana or Jose). Especially over a weekend, I will do this just to let them know. Sadly, there will be people that get thru, either by lying or just modifing their true reason on the boards....even people that mean well...like graduate studies and such...CSN does NOT support this, and will privately contact this person to cease and desist. We all need to be vigilant...sigh...but, yes, CSN techies will take care of it. Don't respond to these posts when you see them, just 'Contact ACS' at the button above....

Hugs, Kathi

Thanks, that is what I will do. Really, this site is amazingly free of any glitches. CSN Dana - you do a great job! :)
  • RE
    RE Member Posts: 4,591 Member
    Hi Joyce, I sure am glad you said something, I noticed this too and found it rather odd and disturbing. I am sure it is rare and I bet those who are here for true support pay little attention to the hucksters. Hope you are doing well! Rena
  • 3cbrca
    3cbrca Member Posts: 206
    They do get on the this site. Sometimes I complain to Dana and most times I go to their website and click on the "contact us" and I do contact them and let them know how low I think they are for preying on women who are struggling with survival. That's the nicest thing I've said to these people!!
    Sheilah
  • Irish_Girl
    Irish_Girl Member Posts: 9
    HOLY COW! I am new to this site and I must say all of you have been very helpful to me thus far. Thank You Sisters :) but Spam & Scams?!?!? pleeezze! I wish people would leave well enough alone ya know... Dana & Jose, keep up the good work! :)
  • HOLY COW! I am new to this site and I must say all of you have been very helpful to me thus far. Thank You Sisters :) but Spam & Scams?!?!? pleeezze! I wish people would leave well enough alone ya know... Dana & Jose, keep up the good work! :)

Irish Girl, there are very seldom any trouble makers on this site. I am so glad you are joining in! Your new friend, Joyce