Look for me on the catwalk!!!

KathiM
KathiM Member Posts: 8,028 Member
edited March 2014 in Breast Cancer #1
I am soooo excited! After narrowing it down to 8 survivors, I am now going to be in a fashion show hosted by Komen Race for the Cure (I participate yearly) in Anaheim, CA, near where I live. They are partnered with a natural foods company that is underwriting it, and we 8 will be at the end, wearing dresses made from the wrappers of their bars..... "Local and national coverage"....I am jazzed!!

Hugs, Kathi

Comments

• mmontero38
    mmontero38 Member Posts: 1,510
    Congrats, Kathi. Sooo happy for you. Post a picture on your web page after the event so we can see your dress.
    Hugs, Lili
  • chenheart
    chenheart Member Posts: 5,159
    Kathi!
    How fun is that going to be??? LOL Let me know when it is: I will do my best to come down to Anaheim and see you! We have a timeshare down there, so it just might work out! Wouldn't that be great???

Congratulations!

Hygs,
    Claudia
  • At least they are not asking for the naked happy dance!lol You would be beautiful doing either. Will be looking forward to the pictures.
    Joyce
  • bev49
    bev49 Member Posts: 42
    That is really awesome! How wonderful, and exciting too! Can't wait to see the photos.
    bev49
  • survivor51
    survivor51 Member Posts: 276
    How exciting. Tell them to send me the bars and I'll send back the wrappers....get great pictures.. Angela
  • 3cbrca
    3cbrca Member Posts: 206
    Congratulations but I want your assurance that you won't be doing your "naked happy dance" on the catwalk!!!
    Seriously - that's great - let us know what the National coverage is!
    Sheilah
  • phoenixrising
    phoenixrising Member Posts: 1,508
    Congratulations Kathi, it sounds like it's going to be a blast. Please get pictures. I know all of us will want to see them.

jan
  • jackiemanz
    jackiemanz Member Posts: 85
    You go girl. Happy for ya.

Jackie
  • babs49242
    babs49242 Member Posts: 193
    How exciting and wonderful for you! you will BEAM

Cindie
  • Skybuf
    Skybuf Member Posts: 143
    Congratulations.........awesome and exciting.
  • seeknpeace
    seeknpeace Member Posts: 259
    Congratulations girl! Give it to them! I am now into my Perez Hilton phase in that I am working odd hair colors. Who cares? Currently oranges, blondes and red. People love it. Thinking of purple blues and reds next. My cancer may be back, I now have MS and a brain tumor so ef it. I am an old hippy morphed into a stock broker who left work due to the MS and I just am trying to find whatever fun I can. So far, I have no plans to hurt anyone...haa.

Good luck and strut!