follow through

Unknown
edited March 2014 in Breast Cancer #1
Well, Ladies, I read all of your posts and thank you so much! They really helped, sometimes directly, sometimes in subtle ways, and definitely in seeing an outpouring of love.
I wrote the following poem after reading and responding to your posts. Now, being of the hippie generation I don't worry too much about rhyming and just kind of let it flow. I hope that you either like the poem, or see that I have found some peace and guidance from your posts. Thanks again.

I can't imagine ever being happy again
Can't imagine how there could be circumstances
more powerful for the good
than the ones plaguing me now for the bad.

But, then, I never imagined getting cancer.
Wait, I never imagined having twin daughters either
They are so beautiful
And never imagined finding my quirky job that I love
I can't imagine a more beautiful sunset
I can't imagine g-d

HAPPINESS WILL COME IN WAYS WE CAN'T IMAGINE

Comments

• Lovely Joyce....and I couldn't agree more.
    I have some lovely things in my life as well, and most of them came in pretty grungy-looking packages...LOL (i.e. cancer, divorce, birth pains, etc.)
  • phoenixrising
    phoenixrising Member Posts: 1,508
    That's beautiful Joyce, I'm glad you're feeling better.
  • seof
    seof Member Posts: 819 Member
    unknown said:

Lovely Joyce....and I couldn't agree more.
    I have some lovely things in my life as well, and most of them came in pretty grungy-looking packages...LOL (i.e. cancer, divorce, birth pains, etc.)

This puts me in mind of our Sunday School lesson today. The idea was that circumstances don't change God's plan. The story was Joseph. His brothers had sold him into slavery and told his Dad he was killed by a wild animal. He was bought by a wealthy Egyptian and was trusted by his master till the master's wife framed him because he refused her advances. God had told him he would become Paroah's right hand man. He was thrown in jail. From there he went to the "inner Jail" and left there for a long time. Eventually his ability to interpret dreams got to the ear of Pharoah and eventually he did indeed become Pharoah's right hand man and asisted in ruling all of Egypt. If he had remained a slave in his master's household, Pharoah might never have known about him and he might have remained a slave all his life. Just another example of the "lovely things" that can come in "grungy-looking packages". I have developed a relationship with a lady in our church who is a fellow survivor. I am convinced that our relationship would not be as close if we did not have that in common.

Thanks for sharing your honest feelings, Joycelouise.

best wishes, seof