prostate cancer

steve
steve Member Posts: 2
edited March 2014 in Prostate Cancer #1
i'm scheduled for davinci surgery on 3/3/08. dr gholami in san jose, ca. will preform opperation do you have any info on dr gholami or the davinci method?

Comments

• fcatroneo
    fcatroneo Member Posts: 89
    Steve, Robotics are now the "Gold Standard". All I have heard is good things about robotics. More important is your doctor's experience with the machine. I've read where you doctor should have minimally 400 procedures under his belt.
    Please check into it.
    Our prayers will be with you on 3/3. I am sure everything will be fine.
    Frank
  • epiderm5
    epiderm5 Member Posts: 3
    Buy Guide to Surviving Prostate Cancer Second Edition by Patrick C. Walsh and Janet Farrar Worthington. As a word of warning, while this book has been updated I believe the authors are biased against Robotic surgery, and believe this book was originally written when robotic surgery was in it's infancy
  • steve
    steve Member Posts: 2
    fcatroneo said:

Steve, Robotics are now the "Gold Standard". All I have heard is good things about robotics. More important is your doctor's experience with the machine. I've read where you doctor should have minimally 400 procedures under his belt.
    Please check into it.
    Our prayers will be with you on 3/3. I am sure everything will be fine.
    Frank

fcatroneo,dr gholami has over 300 and is a teacher at ucsf medical center in san francisco,ca. thanks for the info and prayers. steve