missed chemo rounds.

Options
Fergus2007
Fergus2007 Member Posts: 109
edited March 2014 in Colorectal Cancer #1
My father was diagnosed with colon cancer that has spread to the liver and possibly lungs.
Although no biopsy has been done on the liver or lungs he started very aggressive chemo treatment in October.
After only the second chemo round he contracted blood poisoning and spent a week in an induced coma at the ICU.
He woke up from the coma two weeks ago and recovery has been slow but steady. (he was able to sit up for the fist time 3 days ago and is allowed to eat solid food today ...)
We were told by his oncologist that he "responded well to the chemo treatment" - and in fact the colon tumor (that was not all that big to begin with) had shrunk enough to cause the Stent that had been placed in his colon to disappear. The oncologist wants to either remove the remaining tumor via surgery or radiation treatment.
Of course my father has missed two rounds of chemo in the 4 weeks that he has been in hospital ... .
I am hoping this is not a major set-back.

Comments

• PGLGreg
    PGLGreg Member Posts: 731
    Options
    Sound like a time for guarded optimism. Tell your father people all over the world are following his case and wishing him well.