update

goldfinch
goldfinch Member Posts: 735
edited March 2014 in Colorectal Cancer #1
So, I've been told that I can't have my stereotactic radiosurgery unless I can walk around on my own and unfortunately I can no longer get around on my own anymore. So, palliative care has been called in to help my hubby and daughter deal with all the things that need doing. I've filled out advanced directives, had 2 sponge baths, which are surprisingly pleasant, my appetite is improving. So, that's where I am. If I can't treat the brain tumor I can't fight the lung mets. I've used all current treatments for the lung mets.
Mary

Comments

• KathiM
    KathiM Member Posts: 8,028 Member
    Mary,
    Every victory, no matter how small, is still a victory! Your appetite improving means that your body is responding!
    I filled out all my 'paperwork' at the first sign of the beast, even tho it seems wierd, it sure is better than others having to guess, like I have had to with the sudden passing of my ex-hubby...no will, no nothing....
    I LOVE sponge baths! It's sort of a mini-massage with the feeling of cleaning! Together! "Tastes great/less filling!", as it were!
    I still am sending big hugs, hope you are getting them!

Hugs, Kathi
  • MoonDragon
    MoonDragon Member Posts: 183
    Mary, I can't tell you how much I admire you. I can sense a certain inner strength coming from your message and although it seems from the words that things look bleak, you're appetite is improving, you made it to the computer to post and you've enjoyed your sponge baths. You're not giving up and you're definately still fighting. You have a lot of inner strength from which to draw on!
    Man, I didn't even get sponge baths. The nurses would bring in a tub of water full of cloths and set it down next to me. If I was too weak to wash, they came in and took it away. It never occurred to me to squack about it and now I wish I had. I felt absolutely filthy when I went home. I'm so glad your nurses are good to you and you're enjoying the little things!
    I wish you much strength, healing and blessings!

Jorie
  • Faith4Cure
    Faith4Cure Member Posts: 405 Member
    Mary, I am sending warm thoughts and prayers your way. I wish I could do more. Enjoy all of the little things and keep your positive attitude. Keep on believing!

Faith
  • pink05
    pink05 Member Posts: 550
    Mary,

I agree with everyone else. The fact that your appetite is improving and that you were able to make it to the computer to update us shows your inner strength. I will keep praying for you. Don't give up!!!

God bless,

-Lee-
  • jenalynet
    jenalynet Member Posts: 361 Member
    Hi Mary,
    I'm happy to read that your appetite is improving. I admire your strength..I will keep you close in my thoughts, Audrey.
  • Moesimo
    Moesimo Member Posts: 1,072 Member
    Mary,

I am still sending hugs and prayers. My heart goes out to you. You are my hero and have been so brave through all of your illness.

When you can, plese come back and keep us posted. We care.

Mauren
  • jerseysue
    jerseysue Member Posts: 624 Member
    Mary you have an amazing attitude and my thoughts and prayers are with you. I believe in faith and hope.
  • hopefulone
    hopefulone Member Posts: 1,043 Member
    Mary, your appetite improving is a good sign and I hope one that will lead to other good things. Keeping you in my thoughts and prayers. God Bless
    Diane
  • Betsydoglover
    Betsydoglover Member Posts: 1,248 Member
    Dear Mary -

You are so brave and have such a great attitude. I am glad that you are letting the palliative care people help you. It sounds like good news that your appetite is improving. That could be the first step toward more improvements.

Take care and know that all of us are rooting for you,
    Betsy
  • KierstenRx
    KierstenRx Member Posts: 249
    Mary,
    I am keeping you in my thoughts and prayers. I wish there is something more I could do. You are a strong women and I always admire your strength.

Kiersten
  • jams67
    jams67 Member Posts: 925 Member
    This site is so slow that I use the time I wait praying for the person I'm posting to. Know that I pray for your courage to continue fighting this disease. Enjoy the small things in life like the sponge bath and the improved appetite. Pretend that you are royalty, a princess, with all of the extra care.
    Hugs,
    Jo Ann
  • jsabol
    jsabol Member Posts: 1,145 Member
    Mary, It's good to hear from you and know that you and hubby are getting help in. You have such amazing strength; keep us posted. I keep you and your family in my prayers. Judy
  • oneagleswings
    oneagleswings Member Posts: 425 Member
    Mary...hugs and positive energy are coming to you..glad your appetite is improving..have all your favorite foods and keep positive!!!
    Bev