update

goldfinch
goldfinch Member Posts: 735
edited March 2014 in Colorectal Cancer #1
A lot has happened since my last update. My lovely coworkers have decided that Mike, my everloving hubby needs help. I do agree that he needs help. He's been stuck here with me and I know work is suffering. So they've brought in palliative care. I've worked with the palliative care doc before I got sick so that makes it a little better, but boy there sure are a bunch 0f people involved...nurses,LNAS,social workers. I was feeling pretty weak for a while. I'm feeling that I have a bit more energy again. Some of folks involved think I should give up. I'm not ready for that yet. Send prayers.
Mary

Comments

• nudgie
    nudgie Member Posts: 1,478 Member
    Oh Sweetie please don't give up. Is there something I can do for you? It brings water/tears to my eyes when you want to give up.

What was the latest results your Onc Dr. gave you?
  • KierstenRx
    KierstenRx Member Posts: 249
    Dear Mary,
    You are so strong. I'm so glad to hear you are having a bit more energy. You keep going!!! I am sending you prayers and all the positive energy I can.

Kiersten
  • shmurciakova
    shmurciakova Member Posts: 906 Member
    Hi Mary,
    I am glad you have gotten some extra help for yourself and for your husband. I am not sure what people think you should give up, but that is not their decision is it? Take all the help you can get and please keep us updated. As long as you are feeling better that is a good sign!
    Take care,
    Susan H.
  • jerseysue
    jerseysue Member Posts: 624 Member
    I'm glad you have a bit more energy and I hope you get more. My thoughts and prayers are with you.
  • vinny3
    vinny3 Member Posts: 928 Member
    Mary, hang in there. As long as one breathes there is hope. Don't give up. Keep moving. It is good that your husband and you are getting some help.

• scouty
    scouty Member Posts: 1,965 Member
    Thanks for the update Mary and you certainly sound like you have more energy!!!!! Take all the help you can get and spoil yourself!!!!!

Hugs and bunches of prayers are still being sent your way!!!!

Lisa P.
  • Kaye2003
    Kaye2003 Member Posts: 86
    Prayers sent.
    God bless,
  • KathiM
    KathiM Member Posts: 8,028 Member
    Oh, Mary....I am sending up prayers. And sending warm, soft, comforting hugs to you both. Be at peace with the people caring for you...they are there for your and Mike's comfort.

Hugs, Kathi
  • vman1300
    vman1300 Member Posts: 80
    Mary,

I am glad you have more energy. Please dont every give up. Stay strong. My prayers are with you.

Believe,

Kevin
  • betina61
    betina61 Member Posts: 642 Member
    Mary, I am glad that you have extra help, and that you are feeling with more energy, but please keep your faith,for God nothing is imposible and he can heal you, I will be praying for you, I feel that you want to continue fighting don't give up. Lots of hugs for you and your husband.
  • Moesimo
    Moesimo Member Posts: 1,072 Member
    Mary,

I am sending prayers and hugs. My heart aches for you. I am glad that you have more energy and that your hubby has help.

Please don't give up. You have been a rock through all of this. You have been through so much and have been such a fighter even when the chips were down. I wish I could help you more.

Maureen
  • taunya
    taunya Member Posts: 390 Member
    Oh Mary,
    Don't give up. We never know what is around the corner. Hang in there as long as you feel the strength to do it. I wish I could say something helpful. I am sending many prayers. I have you in my pocket. Hugs and sweet thoughts.
    Taunya
  • taunya
    taunya Member Posts: 390 Member
    Oh Mary,
    Don't give up. We never know what is around the corner. Hang in there as long as you feel the strength to do it. I wish I could say something helpful. I am sending many prayers. I have you in my pocket. Hugs and sweet thoughts.
    Taunya
  • hopefulone
    hopefulone Member Posts: 1,043 Member
    Mary, never give up . You've come such a long way. I'm glad your feeling a bit more energy and getting some help. As for the folks that suggest you give up... well you tell them to come on here and we'll tell them a thing or two! You don't need their negativity around you. Keeping you in my prayers as we all our . God Bless
    Diane
  • jsabol
    jsabol Member Posts: 1,145 Member
    Mary, Sending prayers your way. Let others help you to maintain your strength; ignore the ones that can't. Keeping you and hubby in my thoughts, Judy
  • oneagleswings
    oneagleswings Member Posts: 425 Member
    Mary:
    My thoughts are with you- you are one of the first people I spoke with 3 years ago when my husband was first diagnosed...palliative care is just around to help out a little and give you strength to continue to fight...DO NOT GIVE UP THE FIGHT...remember the words of Andrea..."this cancer may kill me...but not today"...say this every morning and I look forward to your posts years from now..
    with love
    Bev