I climbed a mountain

Moesimo
Moesimo Member Posts: 1,072 Member
edited March 2014 in Colorectal Cancer #1
On Sunday I climbed Mount Monadnock in NH. I know for some this would not be such a feat, but for me it was huge. I had no idea how hard it was going to be. But I did it with one of my brothers and my 2 sons, It was amazing. When I was a kid gym was not my favorite subject. It took over 5 hours and it was very hot and humid.

I know that so many of you are still struggling with treatments, I sometimes hesitate to post that I am doing well. But then I remember that when I was diagnosed in 3/03 with stage 3 rectal cancer I wanted to hear survivor stories. I am holding on to the hope that in 10 mos. I will be 5 years out and considered cured. My onc. surgeon uses the surgery date.

I also want to welcome the way too many newbies on this board. I will try to post more often.

Maureen

Comments

• fedester
    fedester Member Posts: 753 Member
    maureen,
    wow you go girl. great accomplishment and you should be very proud. you should also post that you are doing well. we all need to know that we can and will beat this beast.
    what is the next mountain you will conquer?
    be well
    never,ever give up!!
    bruce
  • goldfinch
    goldfinch Member Posts: 735
    You GO GIRL!!!!!!
    Congratulations. Keep on reaching for those peaks!
    Mary
  • mrsriderman
    mrsriderman Member Posts: 48
    thanks for the welcome.. you have given me a new hope to hold on to. keep reaching for those stars lisa p.s. you go girl!!!!
  • apache4
    apache4 Member Posts: 272 Member
    What a wonderful trip this must have been! The five hours in "hot and humid" is quite the accomplishment also :) Congrats on the good news and keep posting. You give us hope.
  • claud1951
    claud1951 Member Posts: 424 Member
    Maureen,

How cool is that! You just keep climbing and letting us hear from you!

Claudia
  • hopefulone
    hopefulone Member Posts: 1,043 Member
    What wonderful accomplishments!! Thanks for sharing your experience. Just goes to show you that persistance, willpower, and a great attitude can work wonders! God Bless and thanks for sharing the good news.
    Diane
  • NWmom
    NWmom Member Posts: 80
    Never be hesitant to post good news- it does give the rest of us hope! Keep on climbin'!
    Heather and Carl
  • scouty
    scouty Member Posts: 1,965 Member
    Mo,

I am so proud of you!!!!! You Go Girl!!!!!!!!

And thanks for sharing a very cool story and I bet your sons never FORGET the day. You made a great memory for them.

Hugs, Lisa P.
  • Faith4Cure
    Faith4Cure Member Posts: 405 Member
    Wow! Way to go! Never hesitate to post your good news, we all love to hear it! It gives us all hope that we will go on and climb mountains too. Thanks for sharing.

faith
  • KathiM
    KathiM Member Posts: 8,028 Member
    Whew! If I were to climb a mountain, well, a helicopter from the coroner's office could pluck me off...(I am VERY afraid of heights...lol!)

Congrats for the success! And for the long term survival!!!

Hugs, kathi
  • crazylady
    crazylady Member Posts: 543 Member
    Hi Maureen,
    That is so wonderful! I'm truly impressed!
    Jamie
  • taraHK
    taraHK Member Posts: 1,952 Member
    YOU RULE!!! This was a wonderful, inspiring post.
    Love, Tara
  • shmurciakova
    shmurciakova Member Posts: 906 Member
    Hi Maureen,
    That is awsome. I am so excited for you that you are nearing that magical 5 year mark. I can't wait for that day to arrive for me either. I am nearing the 3 year mark which I understand is a huge milestone. I'm ready! You are making me more inspired to get out and climb a couple of mountains myself that I have been wanting to do for a while now. There are 2 in my area that I've been thinking about but haven't done yet. If I get around to them this summer I will post it.
    I love climbing. It is amazing what we "survivors" can do!
    Thanks for sharing,
    Susan H.