Debralla

kerry
kerry Member Posts: 1,313 Member
edited March 2014 in Colorectal Cancer #1
For all of you who knew Debralla (Debra) I wanted to let you know she is now in hospice care. I spoke with her husband, Joe, and he said she has now been put on a feeding tube and is slipping in and out of consciousness.

I am going to San Antonio on Monday to spend some time with her and her family and will have more details later.

Her husband asked me to let everyone know that they so appreciate all the support the CSN members gave to Debra during her fight with colon cancer. He said the family is coping and coming to acceptance of Debra's passing on.

This news has made my heart so sad. Let us all pray for Debra's husband and children as they struggle through these tough times.

Kerry

Comments

• Betsydoglover
    Betsydoglover Member Posts: 1,248 Member
    Oh, Kerry - I am so sad to hear this. Debra and I have communicated off and on for the last two years. I didn't realize that it had gotten to this point. Kerry, please let her and her family know that they are in my prayers.

With a heavy heart,
    Betsy
  • kerry
    kerry Member Posts: 1,313 Member

Oh, Kerry - I am so sad to hear this. Debra and I have communicated off and on for the last two years. I didn't realize that it had gotten to this point. Kerry, please let her and her family know that they are in my prayers.

With a heavy heart,
    Betsy

I will print everyone's heartfelt thoughts and prayers for her family to read.
  • claud1951
    claud1951 Member Posts: 424 Member
    To Debra's family,

I didn't know Debra but my heart goes out to her and all of you.

I know that you and Debra are the braves one.

My best to you and family.

claudia
  • jerseysue
    jerseysue Member Posts: 624 Member
    I remember your first post you were in Hawaii with your family stationed where I was at one time in my life. You were frightened and alone and I was glad when I read your post because I knew you would find some strength and some friends here on the board. Then you were going to San Antonio and my sister's family was stationed there. We talked a few times via email and was so glad that we did get the chance to meet in person. I think of that day often and think of us eating, talking and walking around. My thoughts are with your family and prayers that they will find peace and the strength to move forward. I am sure we will meet again someday I'm sure it is in God's plan.
  • StacyGleaso
    StacyGleaso Member Posts: 1,233 Member
    I cannot really put into words how this feels...

Debra was one of the "regulars" on this board who was excellent at supporting others even when her own battle was still very heated.

I am sad and my heart and prayers goes out to her family during this very difficult time.

Stacy
  • vinny3
    vinny3 Member Posts: 928 Member
    I'm so sorry to hear about Debra. She was one of the first to send me an email when I first posted. She answered my questions about what to expect with the chemo. She was one of the regulars who made us newbies feels better. The world truly has been a better place with her present. She will remain an inspiration to the rest of us even after she passes. We pray for comfort for her and her family in this difficult time.

• goldfinch
    goldfinch Member Posts: 735
    My prayers and thoughts are with debra, her husband and her children as they struggle through this difficult time. May they find strength in being together and in the wonderful memories that they share.
    Mary
  • Lisa Rose
    Lisa Rose Member Posts: 598 Member
    Debra's Family

Your all in my thoughts and prayers at this most difficult time.

Lisa Rose
  • sladich
    sladich Member Posts: 429 Member
    My hearts and prayers are with the family during this difficult time. I didn't know Debralla (new to the board). God bless.

Debbie
  • jsabol
    jsabol Member Posts: 1,145 Member
    It is so sad to hear that Debra has lost the battle with this disease. My thoughts are with her and her family. Judy
  • fedester
    fedester Member Posts: 753 Member
    Kerry,
    Debra and her family are in my thoughts and prayers.
    bruce
  • DK2006
    DK2006 Member Posts: 126
    It is with great sadness that I read about the news of Debralla. Sending prayers to her and her family during this difficult time.
    Donna
  • scouty
    scouty Member Posts: 1,965 Member
    My prayers are with Debra and her family. I will miss my friend!!!!!

Kerry, what a dear friend you are!!!!!

Lisa P.
  • Kanort
    Kanort Member Posts: 1,272 Member
    I had the privilege of personally speaking on the phone and meeting Debra in person. I wished I had hugged her harder. She had amazing spirit and fought her illness with such courage.

My sincere condolences to her family and children. In the coming months may they draw strength from their memories of her in healthier times. I pray for a peacful and painless passing for Debra. She will remain in the hearts of all us here at CSN.

With sympathy and sadness,

Kay
  • betina61
    betina61 Member Posts: 642 Member
    I am so sorry to hear about Debralla, I remember her postings when I came to this board about a year ago,I feel so sad that she is loosing her battle, but when she is in heaven I am sure she will be looking after all of us, I will pray for peace for her and her family. God bless you dear Debra.
  • Faith4Cure
    Faith4Cure Member Posts: 405 Member
    I did not know Debra, but my heart goes out to Debra and her family. It has been a tough battle. I pray that you can all find the strength to get through this very difficult time. My prayers are with you all.

Faith
  • kangatoo
    kangatoo Member Posts: 2,105 Member

I did not know Debra, but my heart goes out to Debra and her family. It has been a tough battle. I pray that you can all find the strength to get through this very difficult time. My prayers are with you all.

Faith

To Debralla's hubby and children.
    Jen and I, with Kerry, spent some very preciuos time together with Debralla. Kerry kindly drove us to meet her when we stayed in Austin.
    We all shared tears together, and some laughter too. But the special thoughts that live on with us are those few hours we had with a very courageous lady. Our thoughts and prayers always.
    Ross and Jen from oz.
  • mindy10
    mindy10 Member Posts: 182 Member
    Im sorry to hear that. I will say a prayer for Debras family. Mindy
  • crazylady
    crazylady Member Posts: 543 Member
    I'm so sorry to hear this. My thoughts are with Debralla and her family.
    Jamie
  • kbienapfl
    kbienapfl Member Posts: 61
    I am so sorry to hear of this sad news. My thoughts and prayers are with Debra and her family.

May the wonderful memories of a vibrant and courageous woman carry you through these difficult days.

Kathy