stage IV progressing

what2do
what2do Member Posts: 8
edited March 2014 in Colorectal Cancer #1
Is becoming vegetarian the key to NED? Has anyone heard or experienced Graviola herbal treatment?

Comments

• KathiM
    KathiM Member Posts: 8,028 Member
    I am NED, not vegetarian. I think that proper nutrition, including a shift a bit away from red meat (takes longer to digest), and eating bright, deep colored fruits and vegies is my key to success....also cutting down on stress...and finding something to chuckle about every day.

Hugs, Kathi
  • kerry
    kerry Member Posts: 1,313 Member
    Vegetarians get and have cancer too. I think the key is to eat wisely, maintain a healthy weight and exercise. If you are a vegan and keep that extra 20 - 30lbs you still place yourself at a higher cancer risk. As for the Graviola herbal treatment, please discuss this with your doctor. Some herbal treatments are not recommended as they conflict with chemo and other drugs prescribed. Consult a qualified nutritionist. Moderation is the key in all things.

Kerry
  • StacyGleaso
    StacyGleaso Member Posts: 1,233 Member
    kerry said:

Vegetarians get and have cancer too. I think the key is to eat wisely, maintain a healthy weight and exercise. If you are a vegan and keep that extra 20 - 30lbs you still place yourself at a higher cancer risk. As for the Graviola herbal treatment, please discuss this with your doctor. Some herbal treatments are not recommended as they conflict with chemo and other drugs prescribed. Consult a qualified nutritionist. Moderation is the key in all things.

Kerry

Excellent points addressed, Kerry. You need to not only eat healthy but exercise, too. Keeping extra pounds increases your chances of recurrences.

Could not have said things better myself!

Stacy
  • KathiM
    KathiM Member Posts: 8,028 Member

Excellent points addressed, Kerry. You need to not only eat healthy but exercise, too. Keeping extra pounds increases your chances of recurrences.

Could not have said things better myself!

Stacy

I agree, guys....I just joined LA Fitness...lol...don't exactly fit the 'dental floss' workout crowd, but, nuts, my PT gal suggested weight training to help build my bone mass...
    I just wear a purple shirt when I go there...and my blue ribbon pin!

Hugs, Kathi
  • fmsamos
    fmsamos Member Posts: 34
    KathiM said:

I agree, guys....I just joined LA Fitness...lol...don't exactly fit the 'dental floss' workout crowd, but, nuts, my PT gal suggested weight training to help build my bone mass...
    I just wear a purple shirt when I go there...and my blue ribbon pin!

Hugs, Kathi

Hi-Too funny and cute! Way to go there! Love Amy