Lung Biopsy Part 2: NED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hanacallaghan
Hanacallaghan Member Posts: 4
edited March 2014 in Colorectal Cancer #1
Can you believe it!? We went in Tuesday for the surgery. We had decided to do the chemosensitivity Assay testing of the tumor, so I went into the OR with the collection kit and Fed Ex package in hand. After the surgery the surgeon came into the waiting room, handed my husband the collection kit and said "looks like we won't be needing this after all" I have a vision of a beautiful blond woman leaning over my guerny saying "IT'S NOT CANCER, IT'S NOT CANCER" A friend later said that must have been an angel. My oncologist was almost certain the colon cancer had returned, so we really were not expecting this result. I woke up in the middle of the night thinking I must have dreamt it...and called my husband to see if it was still true.

I am Having a little discomfort with the recovery, but it is worth every ache and pain just to hear those three little words...IT'S NOT CANCER.
I am so grateful that my oncologist didn't want to "wait and see". Now we can get on with that Happy Naked Dance with NED!!!

Love to you all, I pray for you all every day.

Love Ya,

Hana

Comments

• robinvan
    robinvan Member Posts: 1,012
    WOW!! Hana. What a great week for you! Enjoy the relief and your dance with NED!!
    Peace and Blessings...
    Rob
    --------
    "Joy has no name. Its very being is lost in the great tide of selfless delight... creation's response to the infinite loving of God." Evelyn Underhill
  • jams67
    jams67 Member Posts: 925 Member
    I'm sure you must be in pain from the surgery, but WOW, what a wonderful wakeup message!
    Jo Ann
  • chynabear
    chynabear Member Posts: 481 Member
    jams67 said:

I'm sure you must be in pain from the surgery, but WOW, what a wonderful wakeup message!
    Jo Ann

What awesome news! I am so happy for you and NED. May you have a long and happy togetherness.

tricia
  • ahamilton2
    ahamilton2 Member Posts: 32
    Super Great News! Congrats on NED. Sooo glad for you!
    Aileen