Here we go again...sort of

kmygil
kmygil Member Posts: 876 Member
edited March 2014 in Colorectal Cancer #1
Hello All,
I had a biopsy done 2 days ago, and my gynocologist called me today & told me that I have early stage uterine cancer. Although it took the wind out of my sails since I am still dealing with side effects from the Folfox (Stage II colon cancer), I was not really surprised, since the gene that bestowed the colon cancer also bestows uterine cancer.
It is not classified as a metastasis, but a separate cancer. Several women in my family had uterine cancer first, had hysterectomies, and got colon cancer 20 years later.
So the bad news is another cancer. The good news is that treatment is surgery only--NO CHEMO!!! Wheeeee.
Anyway, just had to tell you all. You helped me get through the last one, and I'm counting on you again.
God Bless,
Kirsten

Comments

• fedester
    fedester Member Posts: 753 Member
    Kirsten,
    Sorry to hear your set back. Keep up the positive attitude and get this taken care of. We are all here for you.
    Be well
    Never,ever give up!!!!!
    Bruce
  • catherine58
    catherine58 Member Posts: 92
    I am so sorry, Kirsten. It seems so cruel to have news like this when you are just getting over the chemo. At least no more of that - personally I'd rather have surgery any day than a long course of chemo. At least when you come round you know that you're going to get a little better every day - not like chemo when you keep being knocked back. Thank goodness they got it early.

Let us know when the surgery is scheduled.

All the best, Catherine
  • Kanort
    Kanort Member Posts: 1,272 Member
    Hi Kirsten,

Wow! What a blow! However, how wonderful that you have caught the cancer early. I am so sorry that you will have to undergo surgery, but am thankful that no chemo will be given.

Please know we are here for you once again. Let us know your details as they arise.

Hugs,

Kay
  • alta29
    alta29 Member Posts: 435 Member
    Hi...I was dx with breast cancer a year after my colon cancer...very early stage also,,I had surgery and some radiation...NO chemo also...I don't even think about it that much at all..glad itI was caught on time...
  • kmygil
    kmygil Member Posts: 876 Member
    Thank you all so much for all the encouragement. I will get thru this "with a little help from my friends." I'll keep you all posted.

Blessings,
    Kirsten
  • hopefulone
    hopefulone Member Posts: 1,043 Member
    Sorry about the news. Sounds like you caught it really early and that's great. Best of luck to you. Will keep you in my prayers. Keep the faith

God Bless
    Diane