Still Dancing with the hunk, NED

scouty
scouty Member Posts: 1,965 Member
edited March 2014 in Colorectal Cancer #1
I just got my results. It was the first time I went to the 6 month interval for testing and I was pretty nervous.

Brief history, stage IV with mets to liver and left lung....stopped chemo in Oct. of 2004. My oncologist says I am only one of a few patients of his that has gone this long in "non-surgical remission", it is now 2 years and 7 months!!!! If you want to know more about my particulars, you can read my personal web page on this site.

I'm very happy, but very tired......too many restless nights....

Have a great weekend everyone and HAPPY MOTHERS DAY TO ALL OUR MOMS!!!!!!!

Lisa P.

Comments

• sladich
    sladich Member Posts: 429 Member
    Congratulations!!!!! and no surgeries - lucky you. I'm also a Stage IV and have had a liver resection and the bottom half of my left lung removed plus chemo. How wonderful for you!
  • shmurciakova
    shmurciakova Member Posts: 906 Member
    YEA! I know how nervous you were! That is awesome. I had a feeling you'd be fine, but that is easy for the rest of us to say right?
    As some of you may know, Lisa and I were both Stage IV and are at the same place in our timeline. I just had my first 6 month checkup a couple of weeks ago, but I did have surgery.
    Just goes to show the healing power of FOOD, healthy habits, and positive thinking.
    You rock Lisa!!
    Love,
    Susan
  • scouty
    scouty Member Posts: 1,965 Member
    Well, I did have surgery it was 2 years after dx and 15 months after I stopped chemo. My lifestyle changes after chemo improved my status so much, surgery was finally possible and then I had a foot of my colon removed, the respective lymph nodes (all clear). My liver looked fine so it was not touched. I didn't mean to misslead you but apparently my oncologist is not used to having patients get rid of tumors without surgery like I did.

Hope that helps explain it more.

Lisa P.
  • moniquebar
    moniquebar Member Posts: 57
    That is absolutely fabulous news, Lisa. I'm so pleased for you.

Best wishes for continued health,
    Monique
  • catherine58
    catherine58 Member Posts: 92
    I'm so pleased for you, Lisa. You are an inspiration! Sweet dreams tonight!

Catherine
  • Betsydoglover
    Betsydoglover Member Posts: 1,248 Member
    Great! See my email.

You are an inspiration to everyone here!

Betsy
  • mrsgrandlake
    mrsgrandlake Member Posts: 23
    Lisa I'm so happy for you!! Thanks for all the info. You are my role model now!!!
  • Lisa Rose
    Lisa Rose Member Posts: 598 Member
    Congratulations Lisa Awesome News ! ! ! I am so very happy for you ~ enjoy the moment the day and all your tomorrows. Have a few Coors Lite tonight and celebrate and I'll have one for you. Must run Andrew just home from school and as you know today is his Birthday ( Sweet 16 ) so much to celebrate.

Have A Great Day

Always,
    Baby Lisa
  • sandyjg
    sandyjg Member Posts: 71
    Lisa, I am so very happy for you. I truly know how terrifying the wait is. You are our inspiration. I print your emails for my husband to read and it always makes him smile and gives him hope. You are the reason we are seeing a DOM, changing our diet, and following a complementary path to kill this cancer. Celebrate tonight, you have earned the right.
    Sandy and Brad
  • Limey
    Limey Member Posts: 446 Member
    You rock Girl. Congratulations Lisa. Hard work, a great attitude and it has paid off. Congratulations. you are my inspiration.
    cyber Hugs
    Limey
  • betina61
    betina61 Member Posts: 642 Member
    Oh Lisa! I am so happy for you, you deserve this result, you have worked very hard on your recovery,so enjoy life and CELEBRATE, your story is very encouraging.
  • HowardJ
    HowardJ Member Posts: 474
    Great news, Lisa!!! Amazing!

Howard
  • StacyGleaso
    StacyGleaso Member Posts: 1,233 Member
    I just knew you would be fine!!! Such an inspiration, such a great friend.

Bestest wishes for boatloads more to come!

Stacy
  • hopefulone
    hopefulone Member Posts: 1,043 Member
    Lisa, I am so happy for you. You and Betsy were among the first to respond to my first post here . I am forever grateful for that support. Great News! and you had better get some rest before your Nashville blast so you can celebrate big time!! God Bless

Diane
  • kangatoo
    kangatoo Member Posts: 2,105 Member

Lisa, I am so happy for you. You and Betsy were among the first to respond to my first post here . I am forever grateful for that support. Great News! and you had better get some rest before your Nashville blast so you can celebrate big time!! God Bless

Diane

G'day HONEY. Congratulations Lisa. Many times we shared a tear or two in days gone by. Thanfully fo us both those days are over. What an inspiration for all those at stage 4. Take note everyone. Sheer determination and the will to believe that things will change for the better. I know that sadly some of our dear friends lose the battle, but each victory is a godsend to those still fighting. Successfull journeys like yours must be of some comfort to others here Lisa.
    Good on yah gal....huggs, Ross n Jen
  • nanuk
    nanuk Member Posts: 1,358 Member
    I'll do the NED dance with you when I see you..
    Love, Bud
  • jerseysue
    jerseysue Member Posts: 624 Member
    Way to Go! See you in Nashville!
  • KathiM
    KathiM Member Posts: 8,028 Member
    Lisa,

YEA YEA YEA YEA YEA YEA YEA!!!

NAKED HAPPY DANCE!!!!!!

Sorry this is so late...was without my computer, missed some....

Hugs, Kathi
  • jams67
    jams67 Member Posts: 925 Member
    Great going! I know how relieved you are to have that over with.
    Jo Ann