Jen's girlfriend

kangatoo
kangatoo Member Posts: 2,105 Member
edited March 2014 in Colorectal Cancer #1
Hi all. I am pleased to tell you that Carol is now back home and getting better by the day after her bypass surgery. For 3 days things were not looking good as the doctors were not able to get her lungs to re-inflate. Carol was on a respirator for all that time and my friend Gordon(Carol's hubby) was beside himself. The past 2 weeks I have been helping him with contacting friends and rellies as well as checking in on him. Thankfully all is looking good now. Jen and I can also sleep easier, they are very close friends and helped us thru our rough times.
Thank you all who passed on their prayers and best wishes. Hopefully now I can do a little less travelling and spend some more time here with you all.
Huggs, Ross and Jen

Comments

• KathiM
    KathiM Member Posts: 8,028 Member
    Welcome back, dearheart...and how is your lovely wife? And you? Such good news about Jen's friend...how scary that must have been...I remember during Han's heart surgery, they couldn't get him into normal rhythem (sp?..sigh) for quite a while...even ask ME for advice...I said "Look, I'm a computer consultant, what do I know?????"

Hugs, Kathi
  • foxy
    foxy Member Posts: 188 Member
    Hi Ross and Jen, that is great news about your friend. Good to have you back on here with all your mates.

Virginia... from across the ditch! The down under one.
  • kangatoo
    kangatoo Member Posts: 2,105 Member
    foxy said:

Hi Ross and Jen, that is great news about your friend. Good to have you back on here with all your mates.

Virginia... from across the ditch! The down under one.

Hi Kathi and Virginia. Did you get my mail Foxy? Jen's fine gals, just gotta take things easier. At least she has no physical firefighting training to do now but the responsibility throughout 3 months of constant busfires got to her metinks. For that matter we were both absolutely dog tired during those months. Fortunately winter now upon us and no risk now as well as welcome rain. Of course there was a lot of worry with both gals and Jen's girlfriend. Maybe we can take a deep breath and slow down now.
    There is no way I would abandon this board. Too many wonderfull friends....too many still to try to comfort. This place will always be a part of our lives even tho sometimes I might not be able to post as often as I used to. The great comfort to others here is for me to be able to tell them of my successfull battle with cancer to give them hope, especially those at stage 2 like I was.
    Stay safe gals, Ross n Jen
    ps....Virginia....we might be looking to come across the ditch in 08.
  • hopefulone
    hopefulone Member Posts: 1,043 Member
    welcome back . My goodness what a time you've had of it lately! Glad things are working out for your friend. How is your daughter doing now? Best wishes and prayers for the future.

Diane
  • foxy
    foxy Member Posts: 188 Member
    kangatoo said:

Hi Kathi and Virginia. Did you get my mail Foxy? Jen's fine gals, just gotta take things easier. At least she has no physical firefighting training to do now but the responsibility throughout 3 months of constant busfires got to her metinks. For that matter we were both absolutely dog tired during those months. Fortunately winter now upon us and no risk now as well as welcome rain. Of course there was a lot of worry with both gals and Jen's girlfriend. Maybe we can take a deep breath and slow down now.
    There is no way I would abandon this board. Too many wonderfull friends....too many still to try to comfort. This place will always be a part of our lives even tho sometimes I might not be able to post as often as I used to. The great comfort to others here is for me to be able to tell them of my successfull battle with cancer to give them hope, especially those at stage 2 like I was.
    Stay safe gals, Ross n Jen
    ps....Virginia....we might be looking to come across the ditch in 08.

Hi Ross, the two of you are very welcome to come and stay with us here in The Far North. It would be so choice to meet you both! Yes I got the mail, just have not got around to answering. Have a very Happy Mothers' Day Jen.

Love Virginia.