Chemo Effects

dashdan
dashdan Member Posts: 7
Hi all. Just finished my second chemo, R-CHOP for Stage IV B Cell Non-Hodgkins. Just wondering, had two big lumps in my neck, and they seem to be gone. Is this normal for the swelling to go down so fast. Hopefully it means its also happening elsewhere. Any other stage IV types out there? Cheers all

Comments

• nikkismom
    nikkismom Member Posts: 18
    hi there, I am a surviving stage 4 non hodgkins lymphoma person. After my second treatment of chops- R all my tumors shrank in half. I was shocked. I hope you are doing well on all the different drugs. I am a 3 yr survivor so far. also I am b cell.
    keep in touch would like to know how everything is. Take care and God Bless
    Charlene
  • dashdan
    nikkismom said:

hi there, I am a surviving stage 4 non hodgkins lymphoma person. After my second treatment of chops- R all my tumors shrank in half. I was shocked. I hope you are doing well on all the different drugs. I am a 3 yr survivor so far. also I am b cell.
    keep in touch would like to know how everything is. Take care and God Bless
    Charlene

Hi Charlene. Thank you so much for your reply. So far after two chemo's the only side effect is I need a nap during the day and hair loss. Your reply really lifted my spirits. Any suggestions for diet or anything else you think might help.
    Cheers, Dan
  • Budski1279
    Budski1279 Member Posts: 19
    Hi, my name is Bud and I am going for my sixth and last chemo on Tuesday. After my third session I went for a Pet and Cat scans and was told I was cancer free. I had lumps in my groin and was isolated to my ab area. I too had R-chop and will continue on a maintenace regiment of Rutuxin for a while. Hopefully you will get great results when they re-stage you. I get a shot of Neulasta after each session and about a week later my back and bones ache and also lose feeling in some of my fingers from one of the other drugs.
  • Dodgie62
    Dodgie62 Member Posts: 6
    My lump in my neck was the size of a cue ball and it shrunk considerably after the 2nd chemo. I am cancer free since Dec. 2006. Your health is in my thoughts and prayers...Peace B
  • dashdan
    Dodgie62 said:

My lump in my neck was the size of a cue ball and it shrunk considerably after the 2nd chemo. I am cancer free since Dec. 2006. Your health is in my thoughts and prayers...Peace B

Hi all. Thanks for the responses. Was diagnosed about a month ago, and although totally positive I will beat this, at times I do feel a tad overwhelmed at the curves life can throw you. Wish all of you the very best.
    Dan
  • nikkismom
    dashdan said:

Hi Charlene. Thank you so much for your reply. So far after two chemo's the only side effect is I need a nap during the day and hair loss. Your reply really lifted my spirits. Any suggestions for diet or anything else you think might help.
    Cheers, Dan

hair loss, big deal. it will grow back. loosing your hair is nothing if you still have your life.th Benaydrl (sp) will make you sleepy. as for food, I basically ate anything but if your immune system is very low, stay away form fruits and veggys like raw ones. They have a lot of bacteria in them. Also live plants or fresh flowers. did not eat very well in hospital at all. I am used to my food cooked a certain way at home. Hardest thing I could tell you, try your hardest to have a good attitude. Attitude has alot to do with recovery. I still have my days but wee all live one day at a time now. It is the devil just trying to get you and do not let it. You seem to be kicking this keep in touch Charlene
  • nikkismom
    nikkismom said:

hair loss, big deal. it will grow back. loosing your hair is nothing if you still have your life.th Benaydrl (sp) will make you sleepy. as for food, I basically ate anything but if your immune system is very low, stay away form fruits and veggys like raw ones. They have a lot of bacteria in them. Also live plants or fresh flowers. did not eat very well in hospital at all. I am used to my food cooked a certain way at home. Hardest thing I could tell you, try your hardest to have a good attitude. Attitude has alot to do with recovery. I still have my days but wee all live one day at a time now. It is the devil just trying to get you and do not let it. You seem to be kicking this keep in touch Charlene

hey sorry to bother you again, but some foods just will not taste right for awhile.
  • hwatts27
    hwatts27 Member Posts: 2
    Hi Dashdan. I have hodgkins lymphoma stage II and am on my 5th treatment. However, I noticed that after my 2nd treatment the lymph nodes that were big in my neck, were very small by I want to say the next day afte treatment. My doctor says that is normal for them to shrink very quickly after the treatments.