Questions from CT scan, on to a PET:(

jsabol
jsabol Member Posts: 1,145 Member
edited March 2014 in Colorectal Cancer #1
Hi all, I'm one of those folks in "the waiting room"...nearly 3 years out from chemo (come July); stage III, colectomy, 6 months chemo, NED since. Colonscopies have been clean (last one in Feb); this CT scan shows a "thickening of the colon wall near the site of the anastomosis", and a 1.5 cm lymph node in my left armpit. UGGGGHHHHHH! My onc, while being very reassuring, spoke with my GI doc while I was in her office. The GI doc had actually run down to the radiology dept, snagged a radiologist and reviewed the scan and scope results before calling back. They all sound "optimistic" that this is nothing, but on to a PET scan I go next Thursday.
Keep me in your prayers; I have been feeling so good lately, I hope that my luck holds. Judy

Comments

• spongebob
    spongebob Member Posts: 2,565 Member
    UGH is right, Judy...

Sorry to hear that you are having to deal with the stress of being in the waiting room. Know that you are in my thoughts and prayers!

- Bob
  • Betsydoglover
    Betsydoglover Member Posts: 1,248 Member
    Judy - I sure hope this is "nothing". For the rest of our lives, I think we won't ever be able too relax about any "abnormality".

Intellectually, I understand that most of these odd things are just odd things. But, once you have had cancer it is really hard not to worry about that with every sign or symptom.

Wishing you the best with your PET scan. Hopefully it will come out ok and then that will be great news - to be PET negative! I'll be sending you good vibes and thinking of you on Thursday.

Take care,
    Betsy
  • vinny3
    vinny3 Member Posts: 928 Member
    Usually the nodes in the armpit are pretty easy to remove. Couldn't they just do that to answer the question about that node? The thickening can just be buildup of scar tissue. Let us know. We will pray for a good result.

• hopefulone
    hopefulone Member Posts: 1,043 Member
    Hi Judy. Sorry you have to be in the waiting room again. I know how hard that can be. . Good thoughts and prayers go with you for a clear PET. Keep us posted. God Bless

Diane
  • KathiM
    KathiM Member Posts: 8,028 Member
    Judy,
    So sorry that you have to worry about the beast again. PET scan is a GREAT idea. Lymph nodes can be something, or nothing, to do with the beast....

Here's to the 'nothing'...and to you feeling better...

Prayers are sent.

Hugs, Kathi
  • jams67
    jams67 Member Posts: 925 Member
    Prayers are sent your way from here for the courage to wait that long. Try to stay as busy as possible. Jo Ann
  • Moesimo
    Moesimo Member Posts: 1,072 Member
    Judy,

I am sending hugs and prayers your way. I hope and pray that it is just scar tissue.

Maureen
  • ron50
    ron50 Member Posts: 1,723 Member
    Judy,
    Good luck mate,Ron.
  • This comment has been removed by the Moderator