Nausea

kimarmstrong
kimarmstrong Member Posts: 8 Member
edited March 2014 in Colorectal Cancer #1
I am in my 5th year after having stage II rectal cancer. I have a nausea problem that doesn't want to go away. I have tried eating differently, having smaller meals more times a day, just munching all the time to mask the feeling. Nothing makes it go away. I am on a few medications, but remember feeling this way before I was diagnosed and on meds for anything. I am about to go back in for an appointment to talk to my doctor about it. Has anyone else had chonic nausea? I am curious if it is just normal with what our bodies have gone through or is it maybe something else. Thanks.

Comments

• chynabear
    chynabear Member Posts: 481 Member
    Kim,

I tend to get nauseated easier and when I'm hungry, but smaller, more frequent meals seems to do the trick for me.

You didn't mention how long this has been going on, but by the term "chronic" I guess it's been a while. I'd get to the doc to see if you can get it figured out. I hope you find relief soon.
  • spongebob
    spongebob Member Posts: 2,565 Member
    Ahoy, Kim -

First congrats on being a member of the 5 year club!

As for your chronic nausea - unless you're living on a ship, I would say that it is NOT normal. I would go talk to your doc and be sure s/he knows you have a CRC Hx.

You know, hormonal changes can cause nausea in some folks. Just food for thought...

Best regards

- SpongeBob
  • KathiM
    KathiM Member Posts: 8,028 Member
    spongebob said:

Ahoy, Kim -

First congrats on being a member of the 5 year club!

As for your chronic nausea - unless you're living on a ship, I would say that it is NOT normal. I would go talk to your doc and be sure s/he knows you have a CRC Hx.

You know, hormonal changes can cause nausea in some folks. Just food for thought...

Best regards

- SpongeBob

Hummmmm, so what are you sayin, bob....because we are female we have weaker tummy's???? Huh??????

Seriously, I do agree with bob....5 years still having nausea...time to be FIRM with your doctor....I'm 2 years out with rectal cancer...no nausea unless I drink too much alcohol...heheehee.

Hugs, Kathi
  • spongebob
    spongebob Member Posts: 2,565 Member
    KathiM said:

Hummmmm, so what are you sayin, bob....because we are female we have weaker tummy's???? Huh??????

Seriously, I do agree with bob....5 years still having nausea...time to be FIRM with your doctor....I'm 2 years out with rectal cancer...no nausea unless I drink too much alcohol...heheehee.

Hugs, Kathi

Nope, not saying that... I AM saying that y'all can grow babies in there which is something we guys have yet to figure out... I am also saying that once you're past your "child-bearin' years", you tend to experience another hormonal paradigm shift that messes everything up -and that's something we guys REALLY haven't figured out yet!