Need Some Positive Thoughts and Prayers

jemy91
jemy91 Member Posts: 28
edited March 2014 in Colorectal Cancer #1
First let me thank each one of you. I have spent the better part of the last 2 days going over the prior posts and tried to educate myself about this disease for my Father. We found out on Tuesday that he has adenocarinoma and yesterday we got the news that the cancer on his tongue was gone. He had a follow-up surgery last week to remove a 3cmX1cm area in order to acheive a clear margin. Well, there were no cancer cells present. The doctor gave him a 97% cured rate.
So on to battle #2... I am requesting some positive thoughts or prayers for my Dad as he is scheduled for a CT scan tomorrow morning at 9:00 am. We are praying that the cancer is contained to the colon. The lesion was 2cms and moderately differentiated so I do not know if that means it is likely to have spread or not. Any insight would be great.
Thanks to all of you for helping and making me feel so welcome. I am hoping to introduce my Dad to this website in a few weeks after he gets through the initial shock.
God Bless.
Paula

Comments

• KathiM
    KathiM Member Posts: 8,028 Member
    Paula...
    First, for the tongue, one of my patented ......

YEA YEA YEA YEA YEA YEA YEA

NAKED HAPPY DANCE!!!!!

Next...you all know the drill, the beast CAN BE beaten. I can understand the feeling...if you read my page...I STARTED with stage III rectal cancer, then, a PET scan for that found unrelated, primary site breast cancer....within 6 months of finishing chemo...back I was...

Big, strong, healing, fighting vibes to dad and you!!!!

Hugs, Kathi
  • vinny3
    vinny3 Member Posts: 928 Member
    Hi Paula,

As I recall your father's colon cancer was located at the base of a polyp. That makes the chances good that it has not spread and likely Stage 1. I think there may be quite a variation of opinion as to whether or not chemo and radiation are in order. I would make sure your father gets an opinion from other doctors, especially an oncologist. You can also get more information about standard treatments at the website of the National Cancer Institute (www.cancer.gov). I would ask the surgeon why the delay. It may be because of the procedure on his mouth and allowing healing as there will be monkeying around with his mouth for the anesthesia for his colon surgery.

We are praying for you and your father. He is very lucky to have you looking out for him.

• Monicaemilia
    Monicaemilia Member Posts: 455 Member
    You got them. It sounds like your dad is in great hands (especially with you by his side). Monica
  • crazylady
    crazylady Member Posts: 543 Member
    Hi Paula,
    It's wonderful news that your father's tongue cancer is gone!
    I'm sending positive thoughts your way for a good CT scan.
    Take care,
    Jamie