Thank you for the support

hopefulone
hopefulone Member Posts: 1,043 Member
edited March 2014 in Colorectal Cancer #1
Thank you. Today has been a really tough day . We had a problem with insurance co. they will not approve for the clinical trial (xeloda)so we have to go with the standard protocol apparantly and have the pump infusion in addition to the reg chemo , and we spent 5 hrs at hospital to get the port put in . Something went wrong and we were delayed so they had to double check the problem ( a kink in the port) and finally let us go. Thursday is an all day thing with the liver biopsy, which the rectal surgeon is against since he is "sure" from the pet scan results . Yesterday we spent 4 hours at oncologist, So I really needed some good news and support. I'm sure I"m not telling you anything new regarding the maze of appointments , paperwork, insurance issues , etc. And we are due for a 2 ft snowstorm lol. so I figure we should play lotto or something cause it's about time for some good luck to come our way for a bit.But I'm still feeling pretty lucky anyways cause he's here thru the aggravation with me ! Thanks so much ..( to all of you) You've renewed my spirit . I wish you the very best. God Bless.

Comments

• spongebob
    spongebob Member Posts: 2,565 Member
    Ahoy, Hope!

You have a great attitude. Keep it up! A 2 foot snowstorm? Pishaw!! I grew up in Cleveland - that wouldn't even be enough to close the schools! I live in Washington, DC now - less than an inch is enough to completely paralyze this city! (The government shut down early today because it's sorta snowing here. There is panic on the TV and many expect the town to be closed tomorrow - we're expecting an inch or two...!)

Keeping you and your hubby in my prayers.

- SpongeBob
  • katefm
    katefm Member Posts: 112 Member
    Hi-

I'm sorry you're going through this. I'm a caretaker to my Stage IV husband, too. It's a hard, fast course in the medical and insurance industry isn't it? Sometimes I wish they made Cliffs Notes for this!

Just because they said "not resectable" right now doesn't mean it will stay that way. Plus, there are SO many other options - RF Ablation, HAI, CyberKnife, those little Sphere thingys (that's not the technical name, of course!)...it's just a matter of getting everything in line.

Please write me any time you want to talk. I definitely understand how frustrating it can be.

My prayers are with you.

Kate
  • vinny3
    vinny3 Member Posts: 928 Member
    Hang in there. It is very difficult going through all these procedures and then waiting each time to find out what is next. Also, sometimes when the insurance company rejects a treatment plan or drug your doctor can appeal the decision where it is then looked at by a physician. Often the first rejection is just "by the book".
    As Kate mentioned, there is alot to go through to get through all the hurdles. Maybe we can all get together and write a "How To Get Through The Medical Maze for Dummies" book.