End of Chemo

hpat
hpat Member Posts: 15
edited March 2014 in Stomach Cancer #1
Well my husband has just completed number 6 of his chemo treatments. They were hoping to get it into remission with the chemo and my husband is feeling good about that. He has developed and appetite since all this began,between the 5th and 6th treatments, and gained over 15 pounds and most of the gas he has had problems with is gone. Has anybody ever gone into remission with this type of cancer. I work at a local hospital and have heard of numerous stories where people have survived this type of cancer, but all the internet information is very down and depressing. I am praying that my husbands good feelings are true. He has another pet scan on the 30th of this month and we see the doctor on the 7th of December. I am scared to death. I don't let him know as I want him to stay positive. The pet scan between the 3rd and 4th treatment showed all the spots on the peritonium gone and the tumor shrunk. Please let me know what some of your experiences might have been.

Comments

• myboys
    myboys Member Posts: 7
    First of all stay positive! and take it one day at a time. I have been clean for three months and I continue to live in fear that it may come back. However, I have spoken to some survivors that have been in remission for over ten years. So there is hope, you just need to believe. I have a pet scan coming up in December and I also fear it. Yet, I can not fear what I don't know I just enjoy the present. My blessings are with you and best of luck.
  • hpat
    myboys said:

First of all stay positive! and take it one day at a time. I have been clean for three months and I continue to live in fear that it may come back. However, I have spoken to some survivors that have been in remission for over ten years. So there is hope, you just need to believe. I have a pet scan coming up in December and I also fear it. Yet, I can not fear what I don't know I just enjoy the present. My blessings are with you and best of luck.

Thank you for the reply. I needed that. My husband is very positive and I try very hard to stay with him on that. I too have heard of many survivors, yet see so many bad reports it is hard when I am not with him.
  • hpat
    myboys said:

My husband just got his PET scan results and he is currently in remission. Our prayers have been answered.