Party, CP-5, Oct 2007

StacyGleaso
StacyGleaso Member Posts: 1,233 Member
edited March 2014 in Colorectal Cancer #1
I know many of you have already seen this and responded, but I want to keep it on the "front burner" not the back one.

Thanks!!

Hmmmm....WHAT IS CP-5?
Is it a new chemo? A strategic move in the game "Battleship"? A vegetable drink?
No, it's none of those....

It's a full-blown celebration of life! The technical term is COLON PALOOZA 5. It's a gathering of friendship and support created by the members of this discussion board. It's a way to meet in person the people we feel we already "know" through our discussions on this board.

A while back a few of us who post often thought it would be a great idea to actually meet in person. Through this site, we've all shared everything from treatments and feelings, to belly laughs and recipes. We thought it would be a great way to put faces with names on this site.

These get togethers end up strengthening the bonds between folks who are somehow tied to cancer. Whether they had it, have it, or are related to someone who has, it brings everyone together. The reason we have a "host" for these events is to do the following:

(1) Arrange for a block of rooms at the same hotel for the reason of keeping the group close together and to get a great rate on the room. The hotel chosen is usually very gracious when they hear about the reason for our "event" and go that extra mile to make everyone feel welcome. It would make NO sense to have everyone stay at various hotels because that defeats the purpose of meeting in the first place.
(2) Plan events for the group. Usually, the first day is for travel, with a casual meeting in the hotel bar or restaurant in the evening. The second night is meeting in the host's suite for drinks and appetizers. Lots of hugs and tears (of joy, appreciation) are exchanged. The next two days are various tours and attractions, followed by heading back home on the 5th day. They tend to run from Wednesday to Sunday.
(3) Do a thorough search of the location to find the most to do, in safe areas, accommodating a group of people. If everyone was left on their own to head off in their own direction, that would also defeat the purpose. Granted, we're not tied at the hip, and nobody is forced to do any of the events. There is a lot of "down time" for naps, venturing off on your own, and doing what you want to do, but there is an outline of an itinerary which is wonderful.

No formal invitations are extended. This is for everyone to attend.

Colon Palooza 5 will be held in October, 2007 (exact date to be determined, probably Oct 10-14),in NASHVILLE, TENNESSEE!!!!!

So, there you have it. Now, you can either write it off as something you have no interest in doing.....OR YOU CAN GET ALL GIDDY AND HAVE SOMETHING VERY AWESOME TO LOOK FORWARD TO NEXT OCTOBER.

There is plenty of notice for people to arrange their financial and health situations to enable them to make this trip.

Itinerary to follow over the next few months.

Alright....bring on the feedback!

Stacy

P.S. Go to www.colonpalooza.com to see some pics of past paloozas.

Comments

• Lisa Rose
    Lisa Rose Member Posts: 598 Member
    Hi Stacy,

Thanks for keeping CP5 on the front page to give everyone the opportunity to see it. Also next October in Nashville is Jugfest along with Octoberfest.

Oktoberfest, Nashville, United States01 Oct 2007 - 31 Oct 2007

For more than a quarter of a century, the Oktoberfest in Historic Germantown, Nashville, has offered authentic German food, crafts, tours, dance, and entertainment. It is an original, colorful festival that every year entertains and delights thousands of visitors from Middle Tennesse with its unique brand of traditional German revelry. Oktoberfest showcases the best of this Germantown neighborhood – its history, present revitalisation, and expanding future growth and diversity. The day starts with a 5km run at 8am but the main festivities take place between 10.30am and 8pm
  • kerry
    kerry Member Posts: 1,313 Member
    If you have not attended a Palooza, you just have to come to this one. I know Stacy will find a great hotel with great rates, but for those of you who wish to "do your own thing", do it!! Just come to ONE of the get togethers, we are not stuck at the hip during the Palooza, but you might find you just can't help yourself......

The most meaningful, emotional, celebratory and fun experience you will most likely ever have.

I'll be there, one way or another. I'm just hoping I can bring NED with me!

Thanks Stacy, for the reminder. And thanks Lisa Rose for all your investigating of "what's happening".

See you all in Nashville!!

Kerry
  • spongebob
    spongebob Member Posts: 2,565 Member
    Lisa Rose said:

Hi Stacy,

Thanks for keeping CP5 on the front page to give everyone the opportunity to see it. Also next October in Nashville is Jugfest along with Octoberfest.

For more than a quarter of a century, the Oktoberfest in Historic Germantown, Nashville, has offered authentic German food, crafts, tours, dance, and entertainment. It is an original, colorful festival that every year entertains and delights thousands of visitors from Middle Tennesse with its unique brand of traditional German revelry. Oktoberfest showcases the best of this Germantown neighborhood – its history, present revitalisation, and expanding future growth and diversity. The day starts with a 5km run at 8am but the main festivities take place between 10.30am and 8pm

Well, heck... if I was at all on the fence before, I'm definitely there now. jeez... can you imagine Marie Gleason all lit-up on german beer??? Singing "Roll out The Barrell"and doing the chicken dance???

Better bring a real camcorder - you'll want to catch more than 12 seconds of THAT!!

;-)
  • scouty
    scouty Member Posts: 1,965 Member
    Not to mention who might be in concert the weekend we are there. That is one of the reasons the dates are going to be delayed. Stacy wants to pick the absolute best weekend for many many things to do for everyone.

I'm with the others, you WILL NOT BELIEVE how you feel when you go home. Your heart and spirit will be reawakened in ways you just can't imagine.

Please come and experience it yourself, words could never do it justice.

Lisa P. who looks forward to meeting so many that she has not had the opportunity to yet.
  • Lisa Rose
    spongebob said:

Well, heck... if I was at all on the fence before, I'm definitely there now. jeez... can you imagine Marie Gleason all lit-up on german beer??? Singing "Roll out The Barrell"and doing the chicken dance???

Better bring a real camcorder - you'll want to catch more than 12 seconds of THAT!!

;-)

Oh SpongeBob,

Marie Gleason and I sang many duets last week and maybe not all good. . . But you can be sure that being the good sport she is I can hear " Roll Out The Barrels " and see chicken dance.

Roll out the barrel, We'll have a barrel of fun
    Roll out the barrel, we've got the blues on the run
    Zing Boom Terrara
    Join in a glass of good cheer
    Now it's time to roll the barrel
    For the gang's all here

Maybe Santa can bring me a camcorder for Christmas.
  • spongebob
    kerry said:

If you have not attended a Palooza, you just have to come to this one. I know Stacy will find a great hotel with great rates, but for those of you who wish to "do your own thing", do it!! Just come to ONE of the get togethers, we are not stuck at the hip during the Palooza, but you might find you just can't help yourself......

The most meaningful, emotional, celebratory and fun experience you will most likely ever have.

I'll be there, one way or another. I'm just hoping I can bring NED with me!

Thanks Stacy, for the reminder. And thanks Lisa Rose for all your investigating of "what's happening".

See you all in Nashville!!

Kerry

NED? Well now, who's that? Is he that boy-toy Chippendale Dancer I've heard rumours about?

Speaking of stuck at the hip....

;-)
  • KathiM
    KathiM Member Posts: 8,028 Member
    Lisa Rose said:

Hi Stacy,

Lisa Rose....if it turns out that this is one of the days for the CP5....could you get info on the 5km? Like, can I WALK???? I did the Komen 5k here in southern California...that would be COOL (I'd even wear my blue star pin!)
    Hugs, kathi
  • StacyGleaso
    StacyGleaso Member Posts: 1,233 Member
    Lisa Rose said:

Oh SpongeBob,

Marie Gleason and I sang many duets last week and maybe not all good. . . But you can be sure that being the good sport she is I can hear " Roll Out The Barrels " and see chicken dance.

Roll out the barrel, We'll have a barrel of fun
    Roll out the barrel, we've got the blues on the run
    Zing Boom Terrara
    Join in a glass of good cheer
    Now it's time to roll the barrel
    For the gang's all here

Maybe Santa can bring me a camcorder for Christmas.

I know for a fact that Marie kicks butt doing the chicken dance....one of her personal favorites! lol

Lisa, I believe for semi colons, the words for "Roll out the Barrel" should go somthing like this...

Roll out the barrel; We'll have a barrel of fun!
    Roll out the barrel; we've had the blues and the runs!
    Zing Boom Terrara...
    Join in a BEER full of cheer!
    Now it's time to roll the barrel;
    Nashville's gang's all here!!!

(no worries, day job still in tact, thank you very much! lol)
  • spongebob

I know for a fact that Marie kicks butt doing the chicken dance....one of her personal favorites! lol

Lisa, I believe for semi colons, the words for "Roll out the Barrel" should go somthing like this...

Zing Boom Terrara...

Rodney really needs to post this at ColonPalooza.com
  • kerry
    kerry Member Posts: 1,313 Member
    spongebob said:

NED? Well now, who's that? Is he that boy-toy Chippendale Dancer I've heard rumours about?

Speaking of stuck at the hip....

;-)

I want him to be my significant other!!!!!!

Kerry
  • Lisa Rose

Zing Boom Terrara...

Theme Song for Nashville 2007 ~ Roll Out The Barrel

I like the new lyrics Stacy but please don't quit your daytime job.
  • Lisa Rose
    kerry said:

I want him to be my significant other!!!!!!

Kerry

Maybe Woody can join us from Austin
  • spongebob
    Lisa Rose said:

Maybe Woody can join us from Austin

(You read my mind)