2nd round for me

jerseysue
jerseysue Member Posts: 624 Member
edited March 2014 in Colorectal Cancer #1
Well on Monday I start another round of chemo. They found cancer in my stomach 2 nodes. I'm going with the same protocol as I had last year however instead of oxiplantin due to a reaction on number 9 that I had we are replacing it with camptosar. Which I heard causes diarrhea so I'm off to buy some Imodium AD for Monday. I'm still counting on going to Halifax on Thursday I have a colostomy so it's not like I'm going to crap my pants or anything. I'm hoping for the best!

Comments

• scouty
    scouty Member Posts: 1,965 Member
    Oh honey,

You just crack me up. You know I am with you all the way but I had to tell you that when I had my colostomy bag and was doing the colonoscopy prep (for a flex sig and it wasn't even necessary), it hit me so fast and furious I did not have time to respond. The bag burst and needless to say it was a mess!!!!!!!!!!

Hugs and see you Thursday!!!!!!

Lisa P.
  • kerry
    kerry Member Posts: 1,313 Member
    Sue,

I am also on Camptosar (Folfiri). If you take anti-nausea meds, that sometimes causes a little constipation......even on Camptosar. However, keep the immodium AD handy at all times. CPT-11 can produce a powerful burst of....well....you know what.

You are in my prayers. You are a brave soul to make this journey. I have shots I take everyday when I'm not on chemo, so Halifax is out of the question for me. Besides, the nausea has really been bad for me this time around.

I am hoping to talk to ya'll while there. Have a safe wonderful trip. See you the next time around.

Love,

Kerry
  • KathiM
    KathiM Member Posts: 8,028 Member
    Aw, Sue.....my biggest strongest vibes for you Monday....
    I couldn't do any Imodium...plugged me so bad, nothing for 5 DAYS!!!! I at bananas and cheese. Not together (hehehehehe). And, my fav, CHOCOLATE!!!!

Have a safe trip to Hailfax!

Hugs, Kathi
  • chynabear
    chynabear Member Posts: 481 Member
    KathiM said:

Aw, Sue.....my biggest strongest vibes for you Monday....
    I couldn't do any Imodium...plugged me so bad, nothing for 5 DAYS!!!! I at bananas and cheese. Not together (hehehehehe). And, my fav, CHOCOLATE!!!!

Have a safe trip to Hailfax!

Hugs, Kathi

My prayers are with you for your journey through chemo and finding NED at the end.

It sounds like your heart and mind are already there to fight. Keep up the great attitude and come yell at us when you can't.

Tricia
  • goldfinch
    goldfinch Member Posts: 735
    Sue,
    Good luck with the treatments. Hopefully the first treatment won't be too hard on you. I think it's the cumulative effect that gets hard. Enjoy that trip!
    Mary
  • fedester
    fedester Member Posts: 753 Member
    hey sue,
    sorry to hear you are fighting the beast again.
    fight the the fight, get out the sword and cut his head off.
    be strong,
    be well,
    never give up
    jersey boy
  • jsabol
    jsabol Member Posts: 1,145 Member
    All the best to you as you face this round. Keep up the awesome spirit and enjoy the company and support of everyone in Halifax.
    Stay strong! Judy
  • Kanort
    Kanort Member Posts: 1,272 Member
    Dear Sue,

Wished we lived closer and I would come and sit with you tomorrow. Please know that I'm there in spirit. We will surround you with healing hugs in Halifax.

Love,

Kay
  • finner
    finner Member Posts: 230 Member
    Kanort said:

Dear Sue,

Wished we lived closer and I would come and sit with you tomorrow. Please know that I'm there in spirit. We will surround you with healing hugs in Halifax.

Love,

Kay

Good morning Sue
    Just to let you know thst I am presently on campostar and erbitux. No diarrhea. Hope it,s the same for you. Have a blast (maybe wrong choice of word) in Halifax. And the rest of the crew too.

Margo
  • nudgie
    nudgie Member Posts: 1,478 Member
    I am sooo sorry to hear that you will be fighting this beast again. Please keep all of us informed and updated on your progress. I will pray and am sending huges and kisses.