Irinotecan

Options
cardinallady
cardinallady Member Posts: 12
edited March 2014 in Colorectal Cancer #1
Lung mets from my 10/05 resection. Was NED in Feb.I am having biopsy Mon and then we are considering Irinotecan....Anyone with experience? Thanks!

Comments

• kerry
    kerry Member Posts: 1,313 Member
    Options
    I am on Irinotecan (CPT-11) right now along with 5FU, Leucovorin and Avastin (Folfiri + Avastin)

The nickname for Irontecan is "I run to the can". So be prepared for some diahrrea. Everyone handles their treatments differently. Your doctor should give you a list of the side effects as well as remedies.

Some folks notice a little hair loss with this drug. I lost about 25% - seldom do people go completly bald. Major side effects are nausea, diahrrea and hair loss. Good thing is I don't have to shave my legs or underarms much anymore!!!

If you have any more questions, please feel free to email me here at CSN.

Kerry
  • TheBean
    TheBean Member Posts: 9
    Options
    I was on Camptosar (Irintocan) along with Avastin and Erbitux. Besides an anti-nausea drug, I was pre-medicated with Benedryl and Atropine. As much as I disliked the way the Atropine bothered my eyes (dilates the pupil) and made my heart race a bit, it did quell intestinal cramping. I have a ilieostomy so I cannot really say for sure that it gave me diarrhea but the atropine did help slow things down. Other than that I tolerated it well.