chug a lug.................

shubunkin
shubunkin Member Posts: 60
edited March 2014 in Colorectal Cancer #1
Tomorrow is the big day! say a prayer for me that all will be normal! I am a nervous wreck! I just ate breakfast and that will be it until after my procedure tomorrow. My appointment is at 8 am. I start my first drink at 3pm today followed by another at 6. I will update you all tomorrow after the procedure! Danielle

Comments

• KathiM
    KathiM Member Posts: 8,028 Member
    Remember my dad's (spongebob) advice....try, if its phosphosoda, mixing into margarita mix... hold your nose, use a straw, 'slam' it....and realize it MAY come back up....don't fight THAT feeling...(I have now thrown up so much that I have made it an art form, thinking about joining the olympic team...rofl).
    Sending strong, good vibes!

Hugs, Kathi
  • spongebob
    spongebob Member Posts: 2,565 Member
    KathiM said:

Remember my dad's (spongebob) advice....try, if its phosphosoda, mixing into margarita mix... hold your nose, use a straw, 'slam' it....and realize it MAY come back up....don't fight THAT feeling...(I have now thrown up so much that I have made it an art form, thinking about joining the olympic team...rofl).

Hugs, Kathi

I recently told a dear friend of mine who was REALLY sick - vomiting for like a week due to gastroenteritis - "Look at the bright side, you'll probably have 6-pack abs when you get done with this!" She didn't see too much humor in that...!

See you this weekend!!

Oh, and Danielle - do NOT forget the marichi music and sombrero. It really completes the ambiance!
  • debralla
    debralla Member Posts: 203 Member
    KathiM said:

Hugs, Kathi

Danielle
    Lots of Prayers heading your way .
    Please keep us all posted
    Take Care and God Bless.
    Debra
  • KathiM
    KathiM Member Posts: 8,028 Member
    spongebob said:

I recently told a dear friend of mine who was REALLY sick - vomiting for like a week due to gastroenteritis - "Look at the bright side, you'll probably have 6-pack abs when you get done with this!" She didn't see too much humor in that...!

See you this weekend!!

Oh, and Danielle - do NOT forget the marichi music and sombrero. It really completes the ambiance!

'Really sick'? So, hurling for 3 straight days, every 3 weeks (adriamycyn for the breast cancer) is NOT real??? (hehehehehehe) I, too, am getting excited for this weekend!!!
    Hugs, Kathi
  • jams67
    jams67 Member Posts: 925 Member
    You are in my prayers. Keep in mind, if you don't lose that in the end (ha), that we shouldn't be too stressed about an unknown. It is like being afraid of going into a dark room. What is in there to be afraid of? "Don't know, but I'm afraid to go in there." OK, this is your "dark room". Probably nothing in there but the dark. Real clean in there though! My doc says it only has to look like very weak tea and then you can stop drinking. It took me about a 1/2 gallon. jams
  • shubunkin
    shubunkin Member Posts: 60
    jams67 said:

You are in my prayers. Keep in mind, if you don't lose that in the end (ha), that we shouldn't be too stressed about an unknown. It is like being afraid of going into a dark room. What is in there to be afraid of? "Don't know, but I'm afraid to go in there." OK, this is your "dark room". Probably nothing in there but the dark. Real clean in there though! My doc says it only has to look like very weak tea and then you can stop drinking. It took me about a 1/2 gallon. jams

O jams all i have to drink is 1.5 oz of the fleets soda mixed with 4 oz gingerale at 2 different times. So im thankful for that. I think the worst part is gonna be not eating! Im starving! i have been drinking boullion. I am just so ready for this to be over. Only 1 hour before i take my first fleets! Man i need a laptop i can take to the toilet! Thanks for all the well wishes........kathi you make me laugh! o and sponge, you left out the Antonio Bandares(spelling?) part ;)
  • usakat
    usakat Member Posts: 610 Member
    spongebob said:

See you this weekend!!

Six pack abs? No, just a hefty hospital/pharmacy bill, a back ache and a serious case of bad breath. Kiss me SpongeBob Smarty Pants....

Danielle, good luck with your photo session tomorrow - sending good vibes your way.

Katie
  • AuthorUnknown
    AuthorUnknown Member Posts: 1,537 Member
    My thoughts and prayers for good results are with you.

Eleonora
  • pink05
    pink05 Member Posts: 550
    From what everyone tells me the prep is the worst part of the procedure. Hang in there. I will be praying that all goes well.

-Lee-
  • spongebob
    shubunkin said:

O jams all i have to drink is 1.5 oz of the fleets soda mixed with 4 oz gingerale at 2 different times. So im thankful for that. I think the worst part is gonna be not eating! Im starving! i have been drinking boullion. I am just so ready for this to be over. Only 1 hour before i take my first fleets! Man i need a laptop i can take to the toilet! Thanks for all the well wishes........kathi you make me laugh! o and sponge, you left out the Antonio Bandares(spelling?) part ;)

I have said it before - UNEQUIVOCALLY - the Antionio Borrachos part was ALL KATHI M! I had NOTHING to do with that...

Remember something else, Miss Danielle - you ASKED for this! Complaining is NOT allowed! ;-)

Jeez... I sure am doing a lot of emphatic YELLING today, aren't I? Maybe i should cut back on the COFFEE!!!

Hmmm.. coffee... that sounds good... Off to have another cup now.. Woo-HOO!
  • spongebob
    usakat said:

Six pack abs? No, just a hefty hospital/pharmacy bill, a back ache and a serious case of bad breath. Kiss me SpongeBob Smarty Pants....

Danielle, good luck with your photo session tomorrow - sending good vibes your way.

Katie

"Photo session"... I love it, Hanna Halotosis. Somehow, I don't think we'll see any of this sort of photo shoot on Project Runway... Not quite glam enough for Heidi Klum (which is the ONLY reason I watch that show... and I NEVER watch it if it conflicts with Monday Night FOOTBALL) OK, then, off to eat a MANLY dinner of raw meat now.
  • NanD
    NanD Member Posts: 58
    Guess what? Hard candy counts as a clear liquid. Butterscotch, fruit lifesavers...when you're really hungry they are a real treat. My gastroenterologist put me on to this, I didn't make it up. Way more fun than bouillion and jello. Nancy
  • Kanort
    Kanort Member Posts: 1,272 Member
    Hi Danielle,

I guess you should be pretty cleaned out by now. Saying a big prayer that all will be well tomorrow. Please let us hear from you as soon as you can post.

Hugs,

Kay
  • terril
    terril Member Posts: 296
    That crapalot prep is really something. Did they give you a tasty flavor? Seriously, I hope and pray you scope is fine. Ask for pictures!! That is what I did!!! Terri
  • Patrusha
    Patrusha Member Posts: 487
    terril said:

That crapalot prep is really something. Did they give you a tasty flavor? Seriously, I hope and pray you scope is fine. Ask for pictures!! That is what I did!!! Terri

Danielle,

Hope all went well with your scope today!