cat tomorrow...Please ...

alta29
alta29 Member Posts: 435 Member
edited March 2014 in Colorectal Cancer #1
send a player for another NED. this time i'm very scared because i have been feeling vvveeeerrryyyyy tired lately(last chemo was a year ago )....I also gained 25 pounds....any comments ?
Thanks and God bless

Comments

• spongebob
    spongebob Member Posts: 2,565 Member
    Ahoy, Alta -

Sending you good vibes and prayers. You know, depression can cause fatigue and weight gain as well. Any reason to think that might be part of the picture? Hormonal changes can cause both as well...

Be well!

- SB
  • DK2006
    DK2006 Member Posts: 126
    Hi Alta,
    I have heard that your metabolism can change with chemo. Maybe you can take another look and see if you can make any changes in your life for better nutrition, more exercise, and stress reduction.
    Best wishes on a clean CT scan!
    Donna
  • pink05
    pink05 Member Posts: 550
    Hi Alta,

Praying for a clear CAT scan. There are many reasons why you may be tired (depression, lifestyle changes, weather, etc...) Let us know how it turns out.

God bless,

-Lee-
  • debralla
    debralla Member Posts: 203 Member
    pink05 said:

Hi Alta,

Praying for a clear CAT scan. There are many reasons why you may be tired (depression, lifestyle changes, weather, etc...) Let us know how it turns out.

God bless,

-Lee-

Hello
    Sending you lots of Prayers and huggs for a clean scan and a short wait for results .
    Take Care and God Bless .
    Debra
  • fedester
    fedester Member Posts: 753 Member
    hi alta,
    good luck tomorrow.
    be well
    all the best
    bruce
  • jerseysue
    jerseysue Member Posts: 624 Member
    Good luck on your scan. You're probably tired because you gained 25 pounds because the food taste so good after chemo thats all.
  • jams67
    jams67 Member Posts: 925 Member
    I've gained weight also, about 12 pounds, but I think it's because the food tastes sooo good, and I haven't been able to work out like I did before. I'll get back to it and so will you. Prayers for you tomorrow! jams
  • KathiM
    KathiM Member Posts: 8,028 Member
    I'm with jams....after all my treatments, I tried to exercise this weekend in earnest....darn if I didn't cause all sorts of trouble with my breast...sigh....my onc says I need to LOSE 10 pounds...I WISH she would make up her mind!!!!!

Do you suppose SpongeBob is implying that we are getting OLDER????? Actually, the nearer you get to menopause, well, sigh...mine can as a surgical menopause...EVERYTHING changes....and those darn hot things....jacuzzi/sauna wherever you go...

Hugs, Kathi

Prayers for NED from here, too, alta...
  • vinny3
    vinny3 Member Posts: 928 Member
    Stay clear, stay NED. Don't worry about the weight gain. There are many reasons that one can gain not related to our disease but probably the best explanation is the effect after getting off chemo.
  • AuthorUnknown
    AuthorUnknown Member Posts: 1,537 Member
    My prayers for you!

God Bless.
    Eleonora
  • Moesimo
    Moesimo Member Posts: 1,072 Member
    I gained back 50 of the 40 pounds I had lost after treatments. I started eating again and also had instant menopause.

Good luck and keep us posted.

maureen
  • goldfinch
    goldfinch Member Posts: 735
    My prayers are with you.
    Mary
  • tkd3g
    tkd3g Member Posts: 767
    goldfinch said:

My prayers are with you.
    Mary

you are in my prayers,Alta.

I gained 30 pounds and haven't been able to get a one off. sucks. But, I'm still here and that's a good thing.

Barb
  • jenalynet
    jenalynet Member Posts: 361 Member
    Praying that you have good results..I will be thinking of you. Audrey