good cat scan results

Moesimo
Moesimo Member Posts: 1,072 Member
edited March 2014 in Colorectal Cancer #1
I had a cat scan on Wed. It started out as a terrible day. It took me 2 1/2 hours in the rain to get to the hospital. It normally takes about an hour. When I got there I had to "P" so bad I almost didn't make it to the bathroom. I started the cat scan drinks and then they tried to get my IV in. The IV was difficult so they put hot towels on my arms. As I was sitting there with a lamp on my arm to see my veins, the lamp burned my arm a little. As they were still looking to find a vein the oral contrast started working. EXPLOSION. And with a colostomy it wasn't pretty. Three nurses and six tries later and no change of clothes I had my IV and then my scan. I then went to see the ostomy nurse and learned to irrigate, So far so good.

I work in radiology and got the disc so one of the docs I work with read the scan.

I did meet Judy for lunch and had a lovely time. She's the first person the site I met in person.

I will be 3 years out from my stage 3 rectal cancer on June 26. I am doing the happy dance.

I feel great, it has been a long time in coming.

Maureen

Comments

• fedester
    fedester Member Posts: 753 Member
    hi maureen,
    great news, sorry you had some time of it. happy up coming 3 years, i will be having my 2nd may 24,
    all the best
    bruce
  • Lisa Rose
    Lisa Rose Member Posts: 598 Member
    Hi Maureen,

So glad everything worked out... Congratulation's on your upcoming 3rd anniversary.

Enjoy the moment and have a dance with NED.

Lisa Rose
  • pink05
    pink05 Member Posts: 550
    That's great news. I am very happy for you. You are so lucky you were able to get your results right away. My dad had his scan yesterday and we won't find out the results until Monday. What torture!!!
  • kerry
    kerry Member Posts: 1,313 Member
    Maureen,

Great news about your scan results! Good results make the whole procedure less painful (in memory, anyway). I'm so happy for your "affair with NED".

Kerry
  • debralla
    debralla Member Posts: 203 Member
    kerry said:

Maureen,

Great news about your scan results! Good results make the whole procedure less painful (in memory, anyway). I'm so happy for your "affair with NED".

Kerry

Maureen.
    What great news!! Thanks for sharing !!
    Take Care and God Bless.
    Debra
  • cherriann
    cherriann Member Posts: 155 Member
    hi maureen,
    sorry to hear your cat scan was such a rough one but glad to hear irrigation went well.once i can i will do the happy dance for you. thanks for the update.
    cherri
  • chynabear
    chynabear Member Posts: 481 Member
    cherriann said:

hi maureen,
    sorry to hear your cat scan was such a rough one but glad to hear irrigation went well.once i can i will do the happy dance for you. thanks for the update.
    cherri

This board needed some happy news today. Thank you for sharing your news with us. I'll do a little happy dance for you.

Patricia
  • spongebob
    spongebob Member Posts: 2,565 Member
    Maureen -

What wonderful news! Congratulations!!

Isn't Judy great?

- SB
  • markatger
    markatger Member Posts: 314
    Congrats Mo!

Omigosh that did sound like the nightmare day! But it definitely turned out beautiful. You've got another notch in your belt, less weight on your shoulder, and a longer exhale!!

Woot woot!
    Maria
  • Betsydoglover
    Betsydoglover Member Posts: 1,248 Member
    Hi Maureen -

What a terrible day, but what a great end! I'm happy for you.

Betsy
  • littlejulie
    littlejulie Member Posts: 311
    Hi Maureen - what GREAT news!!! Congratulations!
  • jenalynet
    jenalynet Member Posts: 361 Member
    Wonderful news on your scan results, I am happy for you. What a terrible time you had getting ready for the scan though..Audrey.
  • kangatoo
    kangatoo Member Posts: 2,105 Member
    jenalynet said:

Wonderful news on your scan results, I am happy for you. What a terrible time you had getting ready for the scan though..Audrey.

Hiya Moe...hey..great stuff gal!Congratulations!I am wondering...did you have any reactions to the IV stuff? I have another coming up shortly and last time it made me sick as a dog.
    Keep kickin butt babe, huggs, Ross n Jen
  • Kanort
    Kanort Member Posts: 1,272 Member
    Great news, Maureen! Thank goodness you didn't have to wait for the results. Keep doing the happy dance with NED!

Hugs,

Kay