Yeee haaaaaw

debralla
debralla Member Posts: 203 Member
edited March 2014 in Colorectal Cancer #1
Hello all
Just wanted to say that we are now in San Antonio Texas . We arrived here yesterday . I have my first Texas appt. tomorrow at Brooks army medical (yikes) Iam so nervous .As some of you already know I had to skip a treatment because my platelets were to low . Sure hope that they have come back up .I also found out just how bad the tingling in my hands are while trying to lug around a suitcase .And its been quite a chore trying to hide are dog in the hotel that we are at, He's only 7lb, But has quite a bark . Well I just wanted to say Hello to everyone and let you all know that you are in my thoughts and prayers
TAKE CARE AND GOD BLESS.
DEBRA

Comments

• kerry
    kerry Member Posts: 1,313 Member
    Debra,

Welcome to Texas. I hope you like your new doctor at Brooks. I am in Austin which is only about 80 miles down the road...so whenever you want to get together, just say the word. I hope you will be able to come to the Palooza in a couple of weeks. If you can come, email me here and I will give you my phone number so I can give you directions.

I hope you enjoy San Antonio - I lived there for 6 years.

Regards,

Kerry
  • KathiM
    KathiM Member Posts: 8,028 Member
    Please take care that those Texans don't COMPLETELY sweep ya off your feet, gal!
    Up is the only answer to your platlets!
    Hugs,
    Kathi
  • jerseysue
    jerseysue Member Posts: 624 Member
    You made me laugh about your dog! Hopefully I'll see you in Austin. Sue
  • Betsydoglover
    Betsydoglover Member Posts: 1,248 Member
    Debra - good luck with your new doc. I too laughed about your dog - only 7 lbs - a piece of cake! I once hid an 85lb Dalmation in a series of hotel rooms (when I moved from Connecticut to Texas) - I was a nervous wreck but I made it!

Good luck in your new home.

Betsy
  • jenalynet
    jenalynet Member Posts: 361 Member
    I hope your platelets come back up and I hope you make out okay with the new doctor..Hugs to you..Audrey
  • kangatoo
    kangatoo Member Posts: 2,105 Member

Debra - good luck with your new doc. I too laughed about your dog - only 7 lbs - a piece of cake! I once hid an 85lb Dalmation in a series of hotel rooms (when I moved from Connecticut to Texas) - I was a nervous wreck but I made it!

Good luck in your new home.

Betsy

Hiya Deb...hey....I am glad that you got there safely gal. Nice to know that your hotel staff are all deaf too!...he!he!I hope you can get to Austin 'cos we would love to meet yah.Hey....I was just reading your "personal page"....whats girly parts?mmmmmmmmmm.....maybe I better go check see whether I have boyee parts. Yup....think I am a fella.
    Aw...sorry to get personal Deb...could not help myself......but I had to try n put a smile on yah dial sweetie.I am sorry if I might have offended you, maybe this was not the right time to throw some humour in. But there are many ways to love and be loved gal. You can thump me one when we get there!
    All the best for your treatment....take it easy 'cos we HAVE to meet you!
    huggs, Ross n Jen

--------kanga goes off to tha bathroom to check again-----
  • goldfinch
    goldfinch Member Posts: 735
    Glad you made it there successfully. Your platelets are bound to be up with that break from chemo. Good luck!
    Mary
    PS. I thought my 15 lb dog was small!
  • Moesimo
    Moesimo Member Posts: 1,072 Member
    good luck with your appt. I am sending positive vibes your way

Moe
  • scouty
    scouty Member Posts: 1,965 Member
    I HAVE NEVER HIDDEN MY DOG IN A HOTEL ROOM.......
    well, I never got caught anyway...........

See you soon I hope.

Lisa P.