Fibromyalgia due to Chemo and Rad.

nathalie
nathalie Member Posts: 12
I was diagnosed with Hodgkin's III in 8/04. They quickly put me on ABVD for 6 months and 1 month of radiation.I was I bed for the whole 6 months but I had no problems with my joints until after radiation. I literally couldn't move. I was stiff and in pain with every movement. I told my Oncologist about it and gave me the run around. I decided, on my own, to go to a Rhumotologist. They took tests and found out that I had Fibromyalgia. I am now in physical therapy. Did anyone go through this as well?

Comments

• Racht
    Racht Member Posts: 38
    I also had Hodgkins (iibx) and was given ABVD (they had to eliminate the B drug after the 4th treatment as it was damaging the lung instead of helping heal it!) and 20 straight days of radiation. I do experience mild bouts with nerve ending craziness (for 2 weeks my skin on my back arms and belly were painfully sensitive even to touch and those areas were not radiated) and I have noticed some sharp shooting pains in some of my limbs...
    however 2 weeks ago I started a whole body cleanse, a product I discovered on TV. I wanted to do something like this to flush any residual toxins the chemo and other rx's may have left. Honestly I can't tell you for sure if that is why I haven't experienced either of these things again, but I haven't since getting on this. I'd highly recommend this completely safe, organic method of cleansing your system and hitting a "reset" button. It can only help. check it out here: dualactioncleanse.com. Feel free to write me personally anytime.
    Racht
  • nathalie
    nathalie Member Posts: 12
    Racht said:

I also had Hodgkins (iibx) and was given ABVD (they had to eliminate the B drug after the 4th treatment as it was damaging the lung instead of helping heal it!) and 20 straight days of radiation. I do experience mild bouts with nerve ending craziness (for 2 weeks my skin on my back arms and belly were painfully sensitive even to touch and those areas were not radiated) and I have noticed some sharp shooting pains in some of my limbs...
    however 2 weeks ago I started a whole body cleanse, a product I discovered on TV. I wanted to do something like this to flush any residual toxins the chemo and other rx's may have left. Honestly I can't tell you for sure if that is why I haven't experienced either of these things again, but I haven't since getting on this. I'd highly recommend this completely safe, organic method of cleansing your system and hitting a "reset" button. It can only help. check it out here: dualactioncleanse.com. Feel free to write me personally anytime.
    Racht

Thank you for the advice. I will definitely try that product. My mom is a health freak and she says the same thing "you have to get those toxins out of your body"!The rhumotologist reccomended steroids for the pain and I denied that because (the same reason as you)I wanted to go healthy and natural. Good luck and thank you again for the advise.