SALAD DRESSING

jerseysue
jerseysue Member Posts: 624 Member
edited March 2014 in Colorectal Cancer #1
I've been drinking my alkaline water and eating alkaline foods and it hasn't been as bad as I thought it would be. Miss my beer but I would much rather be alive and see my kids grow up then take any chances. Does anyone have a good tasting salad dressing? Please and Thank You. Sue

Comments

• CAMaura
    CAMaura Member Posts: 719 Member
    Hi Sue - I don't buy salad dressing; I just make it with a really good olive oil and some vinegar. I know that Cider Vinegar (the unfiltered, natural and organic type) is the best for us, but I also use and aged Balsamic as well. Then I just add sea salt (I like grey salt) and I have switched to cayenne instead of regular pepper (more alkaline and I love the spicy kick). I am sure others will have more ideas. What is alkaline water? I am using reverse osmosis - the best system of filtering I could research. Anyway, so glad that you have taken nutrition to heart, and thanks for your post.....it is fun swapping ideas and the motivation helps. All the best - Maura
  • CAMaura
    CAMaura Member Posts: 719 Member
    CAMaura said:

Hi Sue - I don't buy salad dressing; I just make it with a really good olive oil and some vinegar. I know that Cider Vinegar (the unfiltered, natural and organic type) is the best for us, but I also use and aged Balsamic as well. Then I just add sea salt (I like grey salt) and I have switched to cayenne instead of regular pepper (more alkaline and I love the spicy kick). I am sure others will have more ideas. What is alkaline water? I am using reverse osmosis - the best system of filtering I could research. Anyway, so glad that you have taken nutrition to heart, and thanks for your post.....it is fun swapping ideas and the motivation helps. All the best - Maura

also add dried organic spices or fresh and every once in a while some crumbled Roquefort or French Feta or make whole-grain croutons and spead a little goat cheese and olive oil on them or a tapenade of olives and avocado. It probably changes a bit each time.....
  • jerseysue
    Thank you very much! Evamor water has an alkaline of 9. If you go on their site "Evamor" they can give you the difference between the waters. Also shows you where you can buy the water which is a bit expensive. My husband found a place called the PurpleCone Flower and they have a phasing of water from 1 thru 4 and 4 is the highest with an alkaline of 9. It is cheaper because it comes in a moon shine type bottle. That's about all I know but I'm getting smarter everyday.
  • scouty
    scouty Member Posts: 1,965 Member
    I use my cinnamin flavored flax oil mostly. Remember, you can get sick from a too alkaline diet also. You need a combo of both types of foods. The problem is our western (US diet) is way too acidic!!!!! I hope you are testing your PH (saliva or urine) weekly of so.

Lisa P.
  • jerseysue
    scouty said:

I use my cinnamin flavored flax oil mostly. Remember, you can get sick from a too alkaline diet also. You need a combo of both types of foods. The problem is our western (US diet) is way too acidic!!!!! I hope you are testing your PH (saliva or urine) weekly of so.

Lisa P.

Yes, I'm testing not sure what the heck I'm really doing but I'm doing. My ph urine has been 6.5 which I'm thinking is ok.
  • scouty
    scouty Member Posts: 1,965 Member
    jerseysue said:

Yes, I'm testing not sure what the heck I'm really doing but I'm doing. My ph urine has been 6.5 which I'm thinking is ok.

6.5 is in the moderate range (optimal range is 7.0-7.5)...... my chart says you may want to make slight dietary adjustments......sea salt instead of table salt is an easy one.

Lisa P.