Hormone Replacement and Breast Cancer

Options
Eileen8
Eileen8 Member Posts: 2
edited March 2014 in Breast Cancer #1
Hello,
I was wondering if anyone has a personal story about finding out they had breast cancer after using HRT?

Comments

• Future
    Future Member Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    I took HRT for about 2 year when I had my first lump. The results were negative but stopped HRT as soon as I saw the surgeon. One year later (after the lumpectomy) I had Stage IIIa in the same breast. Not sure what you're looking for but hope it helps.
  • Susan956
    Susan956 Member Posts: 510
    Options
    I was diagnosed with Stage 2B, Estrogen & Progestin: Positive, HER-2: Positive Breast Cancern in May. I had used HRT for about 15 years. Had no family history of Cancer in my Family. Don't know if HRT caused it... But it is something that I have learned to live without.
  • mel39
    mel39 Member Posts: 16
    Options
    I took HRT for 14 years - Estrace and Provera - for premature ovarian failure (early menopause). I was diagnosed with a Stage 1 breast cancer with no lymph node invasion. I was ER/PR negative and Her2/neu negative. I always thought my cancer was caused by HRT but the ER/PR negativity proved otherwise.
  • JKAlley
    JKAlley Member Posts: 84
    Options
    mel39 said:

I took HRT for 14 years - Estrace and Provera - for premature ovarian failure (early menopause). I was diagnosed with a Stage 1 breast cancer with no lymph node invasion. I was ER/PR negative and Her2/neu negative. I always thought my cancer was caused by HRT but the ER/PR negativity proved otherwise.

I took hrt for several years before diagnosed because I had a hysterectomy and my ovaries removed. I also took birth control for over 10 yrs when I was young, which I read the two combined really ups your chances. I thought for sure that was what caused my bc, turns out I was er/pr neg. You just never know.