SEA DETAIL

spongebob
spongebob Member Posts: 2,565 Member
edited March 2014 in Colorectal Cancer #1
Greetings, friends...

Sorry i have been AWOL - between my work along the Gulf Coast, official travel immediately thereafter, closing on a new house and a heinous commute I have not had much time to post or even read.

I hate that the main reason I found time to come to the board today was to pass along a bit of bad news... my very good friend Sea Detail - lost his fight with the dragon on Thursday. He will be laid to rest at Arlington national Cemetary in November.

I know several of you gave him wonderful words of support and encouragement as he fought his fight and for that he - and I - was eternally grateful. Everytime I spoke with him or e-mailed him, he always asked about his "semi-Colon family" and lamented that he just wasn't up to spending any time at the computer.

Rest assured that he thought of you often and kept each of you in his prayers. He is at peace now.

Best regards to you all.

- SpongeBob

Comments

• kerry
    kerry Member Posts: 1,313 Member
    Oh Bob, I am so sorry, so very sorry. Each and every death from this disease hits us all with such force. I will pray for his family and his friends.

Thank you for letting us know.

Kerry
  • goldfinch
    goldfinch Member Posts: 735
    Bob,
    I am so sorry to hear of your loss. I will pray for his family and friends. I agree with you...he is at peace.
    Mary
  • StacyGleaso
    StacyGleaso Member Posts: 1,233 Member
    I am speechless, and for me, that is huge...

I am mainly angered that the "everything happens for a reason" makes no sense in cases like this.

I am confident you will pass on the heart-felt condolences we all send to his wife and son.

Stacy
  • kangatoo
    kangatoo Member Posts: 2,105 Member

I am speechless, and for me, that is huge...

I am mainly angered that the "everything happens for a reason" makes no sense in cases like this.

I am confident you will pass on the heart-felt condolences we all send to his wife and son.

Stacy

Bob, my friend.......Jen and I send our sincerest condolences mate. In Australia the term "mate" is not used lightly. We know that a mate is someone we call a friend but also it endears us with the knowledge that a mate is someone special we can call on in times of need and support. Jen and I know that you have lost a "mate". In oz that is one of the saddest things that can happen to a fella.
    Bob...your mate is no longer suffering and as your friend, your mates, we grieve with you.
    Our love Bob, Ross and Jen

Celebrate his life this week with your other "mates" at Vegas Bob...he would have wanted it that way!
  • Btrcup
    Btrcup Member Posts: 286
    Bob, so sorry to hear about your friend. He will be in my thoughts.

Linda
  • NYCYabo95
    NYCYabo95 Member Posts: 6
    Sponge Bob:

I hope that this posting finds you in good health and spirits.

I am sorry to hear about the loss of your friend, Sea Detail.

It is always difficult to hear about a loss, especially the needless losses caused by cancer because of the stigma attached to it.

I will hold you, his family and friends in my prayers. There is another angel looking out for us and helping us.

Lefty. . .
  • tkd3g
    tkd3g Member Posts: 767
    Dear Bob,

Please accept my deepest condolences and heartfelt sorrow in the loss of your friend.

Sea Detail will always be with us. He is eternally part of our family.

God Bless him and grant his family peace.

Hugs to you my friend,

Barb
  • livin
    livin Member Posts: 318 Member
    Sorry Sponger to hear about the death of your friend Sea Detail. My Condolences to you and his family may God be with you all at your time of need. May Sea Detail rest in peace. Livin
  • BusterBrown
    BusterBrown Member Posts: 221 Member
    Sponger:
    Sorry to hear about your friend...
    I have a nephew who's in the C-guard. He's was stationed in New Orleans, not sure where he's at now, but I now he's down there help'n out...
    Buster