Scott Whitman's Obituary

Lisa Rose
Lisa Rose Member Posts: 598 Member
edited March 2014 in Colorectal Cancer #1
Just thought I would share this.

Lisa ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Scott Joseph Whitman Sr., a golf club manager and motorcycle restorer, died of cancer Oct. 1 at Gilchrist Center for Hospice Care. The Parkville resident was 43.

Mr. Whitman was born in Kearny, N.J., and raised in Belleville, N.J. After graduating from high school, he worked as a floor trader at the New York Stock Exchange for about a decade.

In the early 1990s, while living in Cleona, Pa., he worked in maintenance at the Hershey Country Club. Since 1998, he had been head of maintenance at Hunt Valley Golf Club.

Mr. Whitman enjoyed riding and restoring motorcycles.

"He was a Harley fan," said his wife of nine years, the former Linda Rubertone.

A Mass of Christian burial was offered Thursday at St. Peter's Roman Catholic Church in Belleville.

Surviving, in addition to his wife, are an 8-year-old son, Scott J. Whitman Jr.; a 5-year-old daughter, Kerilyn R. Whitman; his parents, Arthur and Anna May Whitman of Palmyra, Pa.; two brothers, Stephen C. Whitman of Palmyra and Brian Whitman of New Jersey; and a sister, Margaret Purcell of Celona, Pa.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Scott Joseph Whitman Sr.

WHITMAN, Scott Joseph Sr. On October 1, 2005, SCOTT JOSEPH WHITMAN, SR.; beloved husband of Linda A. Whitman (nee Rubertone); devoted father of Scott Joseph Whitman, Jr. and Kerilyn Rose Whitman; dear brother of Margaret Ann Purcell, Brian P. Whitman and twin Stephen Charles Whitman; loving son of Arthur J. and Anna May Whitman. Friends may call at the family owned Ruck Towson Funeral Home, Inc., 1050 York Road (beltway exit 26A) on Tuesday 4 to 7 P.M. Additional viewing and service will be held in Belleville, NJ. Interment in Hersey, PA. In lieu of flowers contributions may be made to American Fund, c/o Scott and Kerilyn Whitman, Hunt Valley Golf Club, P.O. Box 424, Hunt Valley, MD 21030.
Published in the Baltimore Sun on 10/3/2005.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

You can sign the " Guest Book " at:
http://www.legacy.com/BALTIMORESUN/Guestbook.asp?Page=Guestbook&PersonID=15291863

Comments

• jana11
    jana11 Member Posts: 705
    Lisa, my heart is with you... I can't imagine what you are going through. Please know we are all with you. You were blessed to have known and loved Scott; and to share 2 wonderful children with him.

Keep him alive with you and your family.

Come here when you feel alone, sad, worse, better.... you are a part of this family. My prayers are with you, at this difficult time.

jana
  • kerry
    kerry Member Posts: 1,313 Member
    Lisa,

Thanks for the obit information on Scott. I know Linda and her family are having a tough time right now. I have shed many tears for them and I appreciate you providing this information.

Thanks so much and I will see you in LV

Kerry
  • kangatoo
    kangatoo Member Posts: 2,105 Member
    kerry said:

Lisa,

Thanks for the obit information on Scott. I know Linda and her family are having a tough time right now. I have shed many tears for them and I appreciate you providing this information.

Thanks so much and I will see you in LV

Kerry

Thank you Lisa for posting this here for us all to read. Linda and Scott are often mentioned when I talk to some of you over the phone. I am sure that Linda knows we are all with her in our thoughts and prayers.
    kanga and Jen
  • jana11
    jana11 Member Posts: 705
    jana11 said:

Lisa, my heart is with you... I can't imagine what you are going through. Please know we are all with you. You were blessed to have known and loved Scott; and to share 2 wonderful children with him.

Keep him alive with you and your family.

Come here when you feel alone, sad, worse, better.... you are a part of this family. My prayers are with you, at this difficult time.

jana

Please change my addressee to Linda, not Lisa. I am so sorry.

be well. jana