CT results - good and fast

taraHK
taraHK Member Posts: 1,952 Member
edited March 2014 in Colorectal Cancer #1
Dear All,
Yesterday I had a CT scan. I'm half-way through FOLFOX chemo, following surgical excision of a lung met. Right after my scan, I went for an appt with my oncologist (I've just started Neupogen, to raise my white blood cell count). When I mentioned to him that I'd come straight from my scan, he said let me check and see if they've loaded the films onto the hospital computer system yet. They hadn't, but the report was already there! (This was less than one hour after my scan). Good news -- completely clear CT scan - yea. But almost/even better, I was spared the usual 5-7 day "torture" (anxiety) of waiting for the results. Also, my white blood counts were good (I've never seen double digits before!). So, I am walking on sunshine today. My heart is going out to all who are coping with loss, apprehension and pain. But I know we have a strong ethos of sharing good news as well as bad here.
Tara

Comments

• chynabear
    chynabear Member Posts: 481 Member
    Tara,

Wow! What great news. I am so happy for you. This board really needed to see that. I pray for great results here on out.

Patricia
  • joanneire
    joanneire Member Posts: 75 Member
    Congratulations!!!!! That's great news. xx
  • goldfinch
    goldfinch Member Posts: 735
    Tara!
    YAHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!! I am so happy for you! Enjoy this good news!
    Mary
  • finner
    finner Member Posts: 230 Member
    Tara, thats brilliant, so great to hear things like this, and your message straight after Staceys one about her anniversary is so encouraging. I hope you are celebrating this big time. What a relief it must be for you.
  • Moesimo
    Moesimo Member Posts: 1,072 Member
    Tara,
    What GREAT news. Thanks for sharing. Go out and CELEBRATE>

Maureen
  • littlejulie
    littlejulie Member Posts: 311
    YEAH TARA!!!! GREAT NEWS - and i totally can relate to the fast results!! That was a fantasic surprise!
  • littlejulie
    littlejulie Member Posts: 311
    Moesimo said:

Tara,
    What GREAT news. Thanks for sharing. Go out and CELEBRATE>

Maureen

YEAH TARA!!!! GREAT NEWS - and i totally can relate to the fast results!! That was a fantasic surprise!
  • oneagleswings
    oneagleswings Member Posts: 425 Member
    awesome news- wouldn't it be fantastic if all test results would come this fast?
    Bev
  • scouty
    scouty Member Posts: 1,965 Member
    YAHOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Cheers to you and keep up the good work.

Love Lisa P and Scout!!!!!
  • Betsydoglover
    Betsydoglover Member Posts: 1,248 Member
    Tara -

How wonderful! Hoping it stays that way for you. And, how great not to have to wait! Wow! I find the waiting to be the worst part.

Betsy
  • tkd3g
    tkd3g Member Posts: 767
    Tara, that is wonderful news!!

You must be walking on cloud nine!!. I know that feeling after getting a good report. Nothing beats it.

Congrats.

Barb
  • Kanort
    Kanort Member Posts: 1,272 Member
    Hi Tara,

Congratulations on your clear scan and how awesome to receive the results on the same day. My first oncologist would always call me the minute he received my results, but my present doctor does not share the news so promptly.

Keep those counts high! All is downhill from here.

Hugs,

Kay
  • taunya
    taunya Member Posts: 390 Member
    Tara,
    I am so glad to hear your great news! It really helps to hear the good stuff when we are trying to cope with the bad stuff. I am really happy for you.
    Love and Hugs,
    Taunya