Saying good bye

fighter28
fighter28 Member Posts: 4
edited March 2014 in Colorectal Cancer #1
My lovely wife of nealy 4 years (fighter28) has passed away. She fought her cancer since December 2003 and went home with the lord yesterday June 7th at 7:30pm. She went peacefully as I held her hand and gently rested my head on her chest as she pasted. My heart is broken and the pain of her loss stings, but I know where she is and that she is renewed and walks in heaven. I say to all of you keep up the good fight and live each and every day to your fullest.
Thank you for letting me post one more time for my wife.

Comments

• BuffaloGal49
    BuffaloGal49 Member Posts: 13
    Know that you are held in our thoughts and prayers; we honor her memory as you do.
  • kangatoo
    kangatoo Member Posts: 2,105 Member

Know that you are held in our thoughts and prayers; we honor her memory as you do.

Our sincere condolences to you and your family. The hardest part is saying goodbye......yet the day will come when you will once again be together. Jen and I both know in our hearts that one day we will be with our loved ones again. Until that day comes take comfort in wonderfull memories.
  • alihamilton
    alihamilton Member Posts: 347 Member
    I always cry when I read of the passing of one of our "family". I am so sorry for your loss and wish you strength and healing from your pain.

Ali
  • kerry
    kerry Member Posts: 1,313 Member
    My deepest sympathy to you and your family.

Kerry
  • Shandle
    Shandle Member Posts: 204
    I'm in tears reading your post.... How very sad. May God give you strength and surround you with his peaceful white light. Post back here if you just need to chat with someone. Luvnhuggs ~ Wanda
  • Btrcup
    Btrcup Member Posts: 286
    You and your family will be in our prayers.
    Linda
  • pjenks57
    pjenks57 Member Posts: 112
    My condolonces to you and your family. I am so sorry but hope that you will find peace and comfort in God's love.
    Please remember that you too are a member of our extended family and anytime that you need to talk we will be there for you.
    God Bless.
    PJ
  • goldfinch
    goldfinch Member Posts: 735
    You spoke so eloquently about fighter28's passing. What a beautiful description. I'm sure she felt very peaceful with you gently resting your head on her.

I can only imagine how you are feeling. My thoughts and prayers are with you that you will find the strength and support you need during the coming days, weeks and months.
    Mary
  • nettie4
    nettie4 Member Posts: 145
    i am very sorry. the Lord surround you with His peace and cling to Him for strength.

nettie
  • nbalantac
    nbalantac Member Posts: 29
    May Jesus richly Bless you and guide you and your family as you walk alonside with Him through this transition process. And may you find peace and strength as you draw near to Him.

On my knees,
    Noel
  • nanuk
    nanuk Member Posts: 1,358 Member
    Keep posting..we will eventually have a memorial section, hopefully with the ability to click on the names of those who have passed to a better place.
    Thank you for sharing your loss; she is still with you as long as you keep her alive in your thoughts.
    "Don't grieve. Anything you lose comes round in another form." -- Rumi

Nanuk/Bud
  • fighter28
    Thank all of you for your thoughts and prayers. Stephanie was not able to post here in a while. A memorial section would be great. I would love to share more of her to all.

Fred
  • jsabol
    jsabol Member Posts: 1,145 Member
    I am sorry to hear of your wife's passing. My sympathy to you and your family and friends. Judy
  • jana11
    jana11 Member Posts: 705
    She will remain with you, your family, and with all of us. I am sorry for your loss. Thank you for sharing with us.

Please take care of yourself and know you are always welcome here.
    jana
  • This comment has been removed by the Moderator
  • scouty
    scouty Member Posts: 1,965 Member
    Jose,

I want the Memorial site that Nanuk keeps asking you for. I want to learn more about Stephanie!!!!!

Fred, until we get that site, how bout a post just telling us more about her. I for one would like that very much.

Take care and know my thoughts are with you and that you have been a wonderful husband to her. She still loves you and always will.

Lisa P.
  • fighter28
    scouty said:

Jose,

I want the Memorial site that Nanuk keeps asking you for. I want to learn more about Stephanie!!!!!

Fred, until we get that site, how bout a post just telling us more about her. I for one would like that very much.

Take care and know my thoughts are with you and that you have been a wonderful husband to her. She still loves you and always will.

Lisa P.

Steph was spunky and a fighter, She would tell you like it was, You always knew where you stood with her. Her friends were life long, she would do anything for you. She could be hard headed too, but I loved the whole package just the same. When Steph and I found out about her colon cancer in December of 2003 we cryed a while but she said she was ready to fight it and beat it. She took her chemo treatments like a pro. She never really complained much, sometimes she would get down, but I was there to lift her up. I could always make her laugh and I enjoyed seeing her smile. Things were looking up in the late summer of 2004. The colon resection went well, and the spots on her liver were getting smaller. Her cancer count was down to 3, it started at 287 I belive. We stopped treatment so she could get prepaired to have a liver pump put on. It was going to deliver a high dose of chemo just to the liver, We had a really good chance of getting rid of it totaly. But in the 3 weeks of having the chemo stopped it spread from the liver to the to the overies(sorry I spelled that wrong) and to the lower back. It was heart breaking for both of us. She had to have a full histerectomy(spelled wrong too) and she had radiation for her back. She could not take chemo for a while since she was recovering from her surgery. In Jan of 2005 she started chemo again, but the cancer was very aggressive not reponding to the treatments like before. We tried 2 more types of chemo with little success. The cancer in the liver was just taking over. We stayed positive and spent much time together. My company serprized us with a all expenced paid trip to a nascar race in Richmond in May. We were both big nascar fans so we were both shocked and excited that they did that for us. Everything was all takin care for us. She was getting pretty weak by then,but a wheel chair was provided for us. It was our first time flying and we had a blast. We had a great time at the track.Not long after that she passed. She was my best friend and I miss her so very much. Even though we fell just short of our 4th anniversery, Aug, 18th. I felt more friendship, more companionship, and more love then most marrages these days ever do, and for that I am so very grateful. We just knew each other so well, I knew almost 9 times out of 10 when she would call me at work. It was one of those connections that are so rare. When she passed I knew it, I felt it. It was like a piece of me was ripped out, I buckled over and yelled I felt like I was going to throw up. Stephanie asked me on a couple different occasions,if I knew then what I know now would I have still married her. I told her "in a heart beat", and that still holds true to this day.

Fred
  • tkd3g
    tkd3g Member Posts: 767
    fighter28 said:

Steph was spunky and a fighter, She would tell you like it was, You always knew where you stood with her. Her friends were life long, she would do anything for you. She could be hard headed too, but I loved the whole package just the same. When Steph and I found out about her colon cancer in December of 2003 we cryed a while but she said she was ready to fight it and beat it. She took her chemo treatments like a pro. She never really complained much, sometimes she would get down, but I was there to lift her up. I could always make her laugh and I enjoyed seeing her smile. Things were looking up in the late summer of 2004. The colon resection went well, and the spots on her liver were getting smaller. Her cancer count was down to 3, it started at 287 I belive. We stopped treatment so she could get prepaired to have a liver pump put on. It was going to deliver a high dose of chemo just to the liver, We had a really good chance of getting rid of it totaly. But in the 3 weeks of having the chemo stopped it spread from the liver to the to the overies(sorry I spelled that wrong) and to the lower back. It was heart breaking for both of us. She had to have a full histerectomy(spelled wrong too) and she had radiation for her back. She could not take chemo for a while since she was recovering from her surgery. In Jan of 2005 she started chemo again, but the cancer was very aggressive not reponding to the treatments like before. We tried 2 more types of chemo with little success. The cancer in the liver was just taking over. We stayed positive and spent much time together. My company serprized us with a all expenced paid trip to a nascar race in Richmond in May. We were both big nascar fans so we were both shocked and excited that they did that for us. Everything was all takin care for us. She was getting pretty weak by then,but a wheel chair was provided for us. It was our first time flying and we had a blast. We had a great time at the track.Not long after that she passed. She was my best friend and I miss her so very much. Even though we fell just short of our 4th anniversery, Aug, 18th. I felt more friendship, more companionship, and more love then most marrages these days ever do, and for that I am so very grateful. We just knew each other so well, I knew almost 9 times out of 10 when she would call me at work. It was one of those connections that are so rare. When she passed I knew it, I felt it. It was like a piece of me was ripped out, I buckled over and yelled I felt like I was going to throw up. Stephanie asked me on a couple different occasions,if I knew then what I know now would I have still married her. I told her "in a heart beat", and that still holds true to this day.

Fred

Fred,

What a beautiful testiment to your wife. She sounds like a fantastic woman, friend and wife.

Please accept me deepest condolences. I am so sorry that you are hurting. Even though she is not of this world anymore, remember that she is not sick anymore, she is in a wonderful place, she is with you now and always.

God bless you, Fred.

All my love,

Barb
  • jackpatt
    jackpatt Member Posts: 3
    fighter28 said:

Fred

dear fred:
    MAY THE LORD bless you and keep you: make HIS FACE to shine upon you: i am so sorry re: the loss of your wife: we know that she is with JESUS if she loved and accepted HIM but we still miss her as we are only human: praying for you and i know GOD will provide comfort for you: my mother suffers with colon cancer and is currently in the hospital with fluid in her abdomen: i know what it is like to watch a loved one with this disease: you are in my thoughts and prayers....
  • juliababy
    juliababy Member Posts: 130
    i was in tears reading about Stephanie - she was truly a beautiful woman. Please find comfort in knowing that she is with our good Lord in heaven now. I will keep Stephanie, you and your family in my prayers,

Stay strong,

Susana