Hodgkins and Pregnant

Jen1979
Jen1979 Member Posts: 3
Hi Everyone! My name is Jennifer and I am 26 years old and 31 weeks pregant with my first child. I was just told with in the last week that i have Hodgkins. I will be going for an MRI on thursday of this week and also for a bone marrow biopsy on friday. I am very scared and angry righy now. I would like to hear if anyone else has gone through this while being pregant. I will deliver the baby 1 month early. The doctors have been very positive about me and also my baby.

Comments

• lhodnet
    lhodnet Member Posts: 62
    I had a chest xray at 6 mos pg and they found a mass in my chest. they didn't tell me anything, and it was probably a good thing b/c i probably would have freaked. However, it was hodgkins. 2 mos after i had our daughter, i went in for a biopsy and then started stanford v treatment.

Where is the mass? Do you know what stage or will this information come after you deliver your baby?

I am so sorry to hear this, it is horrible when you have another one inside you but please know that this is a very curable disease and you will get through this!!

I am 9 months post chemo and doing good.

:)
    lisa
  • Jen1979
    Jen1979 Member Posts: 3
    lhodnet said:

I had a chest xray at 6 mos pg and they found a mass in my chest. they didn't tell me anything, and it was probably a good thing b/c i probably would have freaked. However, it was hodgkins. 2 mos after i had our daughter, i went in for a biopsy and then started stanford v treatment.

Where is the mass? Do you know what stage or will this information come after you deliver your baby?

I am so sorry to hear this, it is horrible when you have another one inside you but please know that this is a very curable disease and you will get through this!!

I am 9 months post chemo and doing good.

:)
    lisa

Today I had an MRI and it only showed in my neck and my chest. The lump i first noticed was in my neck. I had FNA and then the lump removed. I will deliver the baby in 4 weeks, that will only make me 1 month early. They say the baby will be fine. How old is your daughter, when did you start the chemo, how did you feel during your treatments.
    Jen
  • ronij
    ronij Member Posts: 3
    Jen1979 said:

Today I had an MRI and it only showed in my neck and my chest. The lump i first noticed was in my neck. I had FNA and then the lump removed. I will deliver the baby in 4 weeks, that will only make me 1 month early. They say the baby will be fine. How old is your daughter, when did you start the chemo, how did you feel during your treatments.
    Jen

Jen,
    Go to WebMagic.com they have a hodgkins forum and there are a number of new Mom's on there. Some who started Chemo well pregnant and have had healthy babies. Dusti is the name of one who delivered in March and it wrapping up treatment soon.
    I'm so sorry that you have to deal with this now.
    Veronica
  • kiren
    kiren Member Posts: 40 Member
    ronij said:

Jen,
    Go to WebMagic.com they have a hodgkins forum and there are a number of new Mom's on there. Some who started Chemo well pregnant and have had healthy babies. Dusti is the name of one who delivered in March and it wrapping up treatment soon.
    I'm so sorry that you have to deal with this now.
    Veronica

HI, when I was diagnosed with hodgkins I was 8months pregnant, although I had this cancer all through the pregnancy. Me too had a mass in chest and a lump in neck which was biopsied. The day after I had biopsy I delivered my baby naturally three weeks ealry and he had to stay in hospital for about a week. I underwent chem and rads and its been 6yrs I am in remission.
  • lhodnet
    Jen1979 said:

Jen

Jen, I am sorry I didn't see this sooner!! If you have anymore questions, please email me at lisa@robhod.net.

I felt ok, I went through stanford V treatment, so it was only 12 straight weeks of chemo and I received less of the A & V chemicals in ABVD.

Treatment was hard, but ok. I had a LOT of family support and by doing the stanford V treatment i was back to my lift after 12 weeks. It was hard, I was tired a lot and my mom helped out a TON.

But...I am almost 10 mos out of chemo and feeling great. I am able to keep up with my little one who is now 15 mos. And when she was little, we spent a lot of time sleeping together. She was a very good baby and just 'knew' that something was wrong. SHe slept well, and everything. I was upset that I couldn't breastfeed (as I tried before becoming diagnosed and it didn't work) but the tumor in my chest explained everything :)

((hugs)) I am so sorry that you have to go through this. Again, please email me if you need to talk or anything...

((hugs))
    lisa
  • lhodnet
    lhodnet said:

Jen, I am sorry I didn't see this sooner!! If you have anymore questions, please email me at lisa@robhod.net.

I felt ok, I went through stanford V treatment, so it was only 12 straight weeks of chemo and I received less of the A & V chemicals in ABVD.

Treatment was hard, but ok. I had a LOT of family support and by doing the stanford V treatment i was back to my lift after 12 weeks. It was hard, I was tired a lot and my mom helped out a TON.

But...I am almost 10 mos out of chemo and feeling great. I am able to keep up with my little one who is now 15 mos. And when she was little, we spent a lot of time sleeping together. She was a very good baby and just 'knew' that something was wrong. SHe slept well, and everything. I was upset that I couldn't breastfeed (as I tried before becoming diagnosed and it didn't work) but the tumor in my chest explained everything :)

((hugs)) I am so sorry that you have to go through this. Again, please email me if you need to talk or anything...

((hugs))
    lisa

lol - I didn't put in here what a gem my hubby was! He took over everything and all i had to worry about was getting better.