1.5 yeaars

grandma713
grandma713 Member Posts: 105
edited March 2014 in Colorectal Cancer #1
I have been reading all the wonderful things said about this message board, and I just wanted to add my praises. I found this board right after my diagnosis in October 2003. It has been such a gift to me. You guys have answered my questions, calmed my fears and overall increased my knowledge three times over. Your kindness and expressions of love and faith have brought tears to my eyes and made my heart swell! I hope that on the times that I have posted that I have helped someone in that same way.

It has been almost 1.5 years since my diagnosis and surgery and I just went this week to have my 3 month CEA checked. It is still 1.4 which is what is was before the surgery and with the exception of the first test done 3 months afterwards it has stayed at 1.4. I am praying that is a good thing!

It has amazed me how attached I have gotten to all of you out there that I have never seen, Kerry, SpongeBob, Emily, Lisa, Nettie, Kat, and Grandma047, and many more that I cant remember right now. I am always so excited when I see your good news and always say prayers for the struggles that I read.

Thanks to all of you for all you do for me and for all the others who read and post here.
Love
Franny

Comments

• slammer
    slammer Member Posts: 120
    Hi Franny, I could not have said it better! I feel the same I read alot and decided to jump in w/ both feet and chat, but this is a wonderful place & I always log on to see what news is there or who has done what?
    1 1/2 yrs is about as long as I too have been fighting this thing called cancer which I don't feel I have. Ha but sometimes I too get tired & all of just the schedules I keep, appt, PICC line in me man I just want to feel free again. But I will soon I hope!
    So like you I have benifited from this site and keep on strong....... gotta be
    Hugs to all.............Amy
  • spongebob
    spongebob Member Posts: 2,565 Member
    Franny -

Wooooo-Hooooo! I'm doing the happy dance for you.

(I have to admit, my happy dance is a bit better than the Irish jig I tried to do the other night!)

Congratulations on your milestone - wishing you many many more!

- SpongeBob
  • Moesimo
    Moesimo Member Posts: 1,072 Member
    Fran, congratulations on your milestone. I agree that this board is wonderful and i wish that I had found it sooner.

Maureen
  • kangatoo
    kangatoo Member Posts: 2,105 Member
    Moesimo said:

Fran, congratulations on your milestone. I agree that this board is wonderful and i wish that I had found it sooner.

Maureen

Congatulations Fran.....and many more to come. One of the things I have found coming here is that time seems to pass very quickly. Following the progress of all our friends has been both sad and uplifting at times. Yet the greatest gift we give ourselves is the ability to communicate every single thing that matters to us knowing that we are blessed with friends that care and share during the good times and bad. No-one EVER should feel alone!
    Luv n huggs..kanga n Jen
  • grandma713
    grandma713 Member Posts: 105
    kangatoo said:

Congatulations Fran.....and many more to come. One of the things I have found coming here is that time seems to pass very quickly. Following the progress of all our friends has been both sad and uplifting at times. Yet the greatest gift we give ourselves is the ability to communicate every single thing that matters to us knowing that we are blessed with friends that care and share during the good times and bad. No-one EVER should feel alone!
    Luv n huggs..kanga n Jen

Kanga and Jen...I didnt list your names but you two have been such encouragers to so many! Thank you thank you!